Emperor Angel

N

neg427

Hello Everyone.

All information is greatly appreciated.
I was wondering if it is common to see this white coloration on the top of his fins? Is this the first stage of his color changing?
I also have a Clownfish that I have noticed that has transparent spots on his tail. Can anyone help tell me what this is?
Water parm.
Nitrates-0 ppm.
Nitrites- 0 ppm.
Ph.- 8.2
Ammonia- 0 ppm.
Salt- 1.025
- Thanks again for all of your help.

cafero702

yes its normal thats the begining of te color change.
Mine is at the same stage he has all white on the top of him just like yours.
Ill post a pic once i get a new one

N

neg427

Thanks everyone! I cant wait, he is the King of my tank and I'm excited for the change! Please do cafero702 I would like to compare the 2 angel's.

mkzimms

Originally Posted by NEG427
http:///forum/post/2642577
Thanks everyone! I cant wait, he is the King of my tank and I'm excited for the change! Please do cafero702 I would like to compare the 2 angel's.
actually, not to split hairs but wouldn't he be the Emperor not the King?

geridoc

Emperors that mature in captivity are supposed to have dull colors. I have had one mature during the last 4 years and he looks great! I would advise you to feed lots of greens and supplement frequently with color enhancing prepared food.

mkzimms

could be the start of ich or possibly another parasite... do you have pictures?
is he acting lethargic or breathing heavy?

myerst22

The white coloration means yur doing a great job!!! Keep it up. I have a x-mas island emperor that is starting to change. Here are some pics of the progression. Try and take a pic once a week. It is really great to see the progression. Continued luck with your Emp. Tim

srfisher17

Originally Posted by GeriDoc
http:///forum/post/2643331
Emperors that mature in captivity are supposed to have dull colors. I have had one mature during the last 4 years and he looks great! I would advise you to feed lots of greens and supplement frequently with color enhancing prepared food.
And a variety of vitamin supplements; I've raised a few large angels from juvi to adult, including an emperor, and all grew into adults as vividly colored as most I've seen. This has certainly been one of my most rewarding experiences in the hobby. When I started; it was supposed to be almost impossible. Like success with all fish; I give a lot of credit to the vitamin supplements and food variety. Of course, pristine water is a must.