Emperor Bio-Wheel or Canister Filter?

bsd230

Really depends on your set-up, really either one will work. Bio-Wheels are great for new tanks with small amounts of live rock and they are good filters for the money. If your tanks has a good amount of live rock then I would go with the canister because it has more flexibility with adding different types of media. I have both, I just switched over from 2-400 bio wheels to a marineland 360. The canister does polish your water very well which makes it crystal clear.

triton

Originally Posted by bsd230
Really depends on your set-up, really either one will work. Bio-Wheels are great for new tanks with small amounts of live rock and they are good filters for the money. If your tanks has a good amount of live rock then I would go with the canister because it has more flexibility with adding different types of media. I have both, I just switched over from 2-400 bio wheels to a marineland 360. The canister does polish your water very well which makes it crystal clear.
Does the canister filter, filter out copopods?

rbaldino

It also depends on how you want your tank setup. The Emperor will hang on the back, which means you need a bit of room behind the tank. The canister can be placed underneath, and you'll only need a little room behind the tank for the plumbing. Personally, I like the Marineland filters.