Emperor vs. Penguin

What is the main differences between the Marineland Emperor vs. the Marineland Penguin.
Is it just that the Emperor has the spraybar?
Which one would be better for a salt tank?

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf http:///t/390819/emperor-vs-penguin#post_3462892
What is the main differences between the Marineland Emperor vs. the Marineland Penguin.
Is it just that the Emperor has the spraybar?
Which one would be better for a salt tank?
If you can get a spraybar...go for it. That way your power heads can be used for better things than moving the surface water. Both are good HOB filters, but salt creep is an issue since they splash a little. I use that type of filter for my QT...it is fantastic as a QT filter since removing or changing media is a snap. Personally I prefer a canister or a sump filter for a larger display tank..

I would love to do a fuge, but in order for me to make this salt tank happen... I have to go back down to bare bones. I just have way to many other projects that need to get done to be spending alot of money on a want.
I figured with my going from my 52g down to a 45g then I'd have less expenses (LR, sand, and salt). I'm not sure I want to take it down even further to my 29g

xandrew245x

I would say keep your 52 and be patient, this isn't going to happen over night. You will be much happier if you just stick it out and slowly get your 52 gallon going vs. doing it in a rush and setting up a small tank.

It would be over a year before the project ever gets off the ground with the 52g. I just have too much on my plate right now to be shuttling money to a custom stand build.
Even with setting up a small tank... it's going to be a long drawn out process becuase the $$$ for the equipment is going to be limited thus it's going to take some time... or at least some time to do it the right way (read expensive way).

xandrew245x

Well, if you ever plan on upgrading, then I would jus go with the basics for now. That way you can have a tank now, and still work on the tank you really want.