Emporer 280

nygel

I have one of these I was modding to be a fuge for a 5.5 gallon.... well, its used and i bought it in september and just now found something to do with it. Well, among others things (slow leak on the 5.5) the Emporer decided to not work exactly as well as it should, infact, it doesnt take any water in..... If i fill it up with a cup of water then it does fine, btu besides that, nothing. Someone help me out, this has been the most frustrating night in this hobby.

sign guy

Im not a fan of modifying these to be a fuge due to the fact that its not designed for it. but do you have some pics I could look at?

emonemo

yeah the impeler works on magnetic. pull out the inlet tube WITH the attached impeler goods. You can make sure the impeler is properly installed. I was cleaning mine and it didnt work at first when i put it back it., take a little adjusting to get it to fit right.
the other thing is you have to fill the thing with water before it runs, kinda like priming it.
hope that helps.

nygel

yeah, apparently that impelor magnet was the problem, works fine now, Don't have it on yet, instead put another HOB filter there until I get enough live rock and chaeto to fill the thing. thanks all!

bill109

Originally Posted by nYgel
yeah, apparently that impelor magnet was the problem, works fine now, Don't have it on yet, instead put another HOB filter there until I get enough live rock and chaeto to fill the thing. thanks all!
can i see some pics.. cus you said ur moddifying it rig ht?

nygel

not really moddifying it, but i took out the huge filter cartridge and and its a good... eh...8 inches deep at least and am filling it with live rock and chaeto, thats it.