Emporer Angel food?

k-rok

Yesterday I purchased a small Emporer Angel and put him in my 240gal. tank. He looks hungry - biting at anything that happens to be floating around and nipping at the LR. He ate a couple bites of the frozen brine shrimp that I put in there but didn't look too interested in it. I also tried flake, but it floats and he doesn't venture up to the top and the flake is eaten by the other fish before he has a chance to. Same with the Nori I put in - eaten by the others before he has a chance. My question is what should I be feeding him and what would be the best way to ensure he gets some. My tank is of the tall variety, making it pretty deep and a little more difficult to get food to all the fish. Any help would be appreciated. :notsure:

sea worthy

I have a small emperor too. I feed flakes like this, pinch a small amount between your fingers and hold it under the water for a few seconds and then release. The flakes will disburse in the water column. Mine also eat squid and clams. Planktin also works well, but make sure your other fish are fed first. By the way....Where in Northeast Ohio??? :happyfish

k-rok

Originally Posted by sea worthy
I have a small emperor too. I feed flakes like this, pinch a small amount between your fingers and hold it under the water for a few seconds and then release. The flakes will disburse in the water column. Mine also eat squid and clams. Planktin also works well, but make sure your other fish are fed first. By the way....Where in Northeast Ohio??? :happyfish

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I live in Ashtabula county, and see you are about an hour away. What size tank and fish do you have? I have 2 marine tanks setup, a 75gal. with a snowflake eel, Black Volitan Lion, and a Javanese Damsel in it. The other tank is a 240gal, with a Naso, Foxface, Sailfin, 2 small damsels, a Maroon Clownfish, a Lawnmower Blenny, juvi Emporer Angel, Flame Angel, crabs, snails, and cleaner shrimp. I'm having a blast with it.

sea worthy

heres a shot of my 125 gal. I also have a 75 agressive. the 125 has the big orbic bat, juvi emperor, sailfin tang,coral catfish,cowfish, maroon clown,coral beauty,lunare wrasse. My avatar is my emperor. :happyfish

k-rok

Looks like a nice filter system you have there - 2 sumps? I have an ASM G3 Skimmer that I cannot for the life of me get to work. It works - just too well. It fills the collection cup full of water and foam in about 2min. And thats on the lowest setting. I bought it used -- came with my tank. I'm thinking the skimmer pump is not the original that came with the skimmer. It is rated at 500gph where the skimmer is rated at 300gph. It's been a month now and it still won't work right. I'm also running 2 Magnum 350 cannister filters but I hate them - gotta' get something better here soon.

crox

Originally Posted by sea worthy
heres a shot of my 125 gal. I also have a 75 agressive. the 125 has the big orbic bat, juvi emperor, sailfin tang,coral catfish,cowfish, maroon clown,coral beauty,lunare wrasse. My avatar is my emperor. :happyfish

That is a pretty big bat!!!! Are you going to upgrade soon?

waterworld

Good to see some NE Ohio people at the hobby. I live between Ravenna and Kent. Not aware many others were at it around here!