Emptying Skimmer Collection Cup

sepulatian

I never turn mine off. There is a little bit of leadway between the chamber and the collection cup. Just dump it rinse it and put it back on.

barchtruong

wauw, really, you have to go throu all that steps to clean the cup?
Some people had Seaclone and couldn't get it to work,
I am glad mine works so great. And it's really easy to clean the cup (that's the best part about Seaclone), just pull the cup out while it's running, all the foam deflate, wash the cup, put back in, and...back to skimming.

d0 thy d3w

i just turn my flow all the way down, remove the cup, and clean it...when im done i put it back and turn the flow back to where it was..(or at least as close to what i remember it being set to)...

seannmelly

All you have to do is turn it all the way down, unscrew the collection cup, clean it, put it back on, and turn the skimmer back up. And whalla, clean collection cup!
Melly
p.s. Hi sepultian

joncat24

Originally Posted by sepulatian
I never turn mine off. There is a little bit of leadway between the chamber and the collection cup. Just dump it rinse it and put it back on.
you must not have a coralife super skimmer cause if you did i that way you would end up with water everywhere....
I like just turning mine off , so I dont have to find adjustment of where I had it set again...

sepulatian

Originally Posted by seannmelly
All you have to do is turn it all the way down, unscrew the collection cup, clean it, put it back on, and turn the skimmer back up. And whalla, clean collection cup!
Melly
p.s. Hi sepultian

Hi Melly!!!!!! :jumping:

sepulatian

Originally Posted by joncat24
you must not have a coralife super skimmer cause if you did i that way you would end up with water everywhere....
I like just turning mine off , so I dont have to find adjustment of where I had it set again...
No, I do not have a coralife. I have not heard of that though. It overflows if you take the collection cup off? Sounds like a pain in the..............to me! Sorry, don't get me wrong. I am not downing your equipment.

joncat24

no , it is actually pretty easy...just pull the plug out...
I was just wondering about your response though, cause the question was related to coralife super skimmer , which is why I asked about your response....LOL

fbm

Yes, once you get a coralife set up better to unplug to drain the cup. But the cup is huge on the 220 and I only do it once a week. I try to dry skim though.

extremepcs

My Coralife 220 has a drain hole on the bottom of the cup... At least I think that's what it's for. Would it be bad to just leave a hose connected to it and let it drain in to a bucket? Is it important to actually wash out the cup?

chipmaker

Thats the purpose of that fitting on the 220 cups. To attach a piec eof tubeing to it and place tube in larger container. However you will find the skimmer works better if the cup itself is kept clean.