end of hunting season, good memories.

trigger40

in memory of this year's hunting season i would like to share the mount of my Amite LA record buck(figured why not). the man who made the mount recently passed away so what better way to say thank you for a great job! i know one of ya'll haft to appreciate this.

Attachments

Last edited:

snakeblitz33

Nice buck. I still got about 60 to mount this year.

Ay-meet huh? I live in West Monroe. We are like 4 hours away. Lol

trigger40

View attachment 845 This was this yr w bow.
nice 8 point! got a weight on that bad boy? lots of respect for using a bow! i'm not too good at bow hunting. i always mess up when its time to take the shot. i spook the deer off when i pull back or i just get too impatient waiting for a good shot, its not like a rifle where i can take 300 yard shots if i need to. for now i just got to keep practicing. i will say though there is nothing like seeing a deer walk by then calling it back, such a rush!

Last edited:

trigger40

Nice buck. I still got about 60 to mount this year.

Ay-meet huh? I live in West Monroe. We are like 4 hours away. Lol
uhhh... thats a lot of deer to mount! they really are works of art.

lol yes lots of meet. that morning i actually shot an eight point too and my dad shot a cull buck.
you live about as far away from the camp as i do... except i'm coming from the west.

jay0705

nice 8 point! got a weight on that bad boy? lots of respect for using a bow! i'm not too good at bow hunting. i always mess up when its time to take the shot. i spook the deer off when i pull back or i just get too impatient waiting for a good shot, its not like a rifle where i can take 300 yard shots if i need to. for now i just got to keep practicing. i will say though there is nothing like seeing a deer walk by then calling it back, such a rush![/QUOTE
It was about 160 dressed. I love bow hunting. Mind you that was the only deer I saw from stand during bow lol. My buddy tex me he was coming, so I was ready. Almost hot trigger happy and took the shot at 40yds but I didnt. Waited and he came in to 20

trigger40

thats a big deer, 160 pounds has got my second biggest beat when it was not dressed! at my camp deer are everywhere until that first shot of rifle season. then the deer go nocturnal so hunting becomes a challenge. so i if i can get good at bow hunting i think i can put some more monsters on my wall.

snakeblitz33

We took in a deer a couple years ago that scored 236. From Wisconsin.

We average 150-160 shoulder mounts a year. This year the weather was terrible. We didn't take in as many but we made up for it with small bodied mammals and ducks.

It's snowing in north louisiana right now.

jay0705

This snow sucks!!!!! Iam in the buffalo ny area. Opening week of gun we got 5-8ft!!!!!!! Opens on sat, tue-fri nothing but snow. I got a 4 pt opening day and a doe mon. I knew what was coming lol.

trigger40

lol its warm an sunny in florida! the deer in Wisconsin are huge. its all open farm land up there so there is tons for them to eat and grow fat. they are also easy to shoot up there. the only down side about it is the season is only two weeks long.

jay0705

Yea, I hear that about the Midwest. They run 2 gun seasons alot too. I dont get it. We get 6wks of bow,3wks gun,1wk black powder

trigger40

you guys only get 3 weeks of gun? lol we get three months of gun and like 5 months of bow and black powder.