engineer goby

cooqie

can you guys tell me your opinions about this fish and your expieriance with them and pics if possible

cantbstopd

I bought a new wet dry canister filter..so i wanted to stir my sand bed up a little to get some of the diatom up in the water, so it would get sucked up by the filter....i stired it up too much and killed my babies....
. my water was very cloudy for a good hour, and by the time it was back to normal, it was too late....

Everyone thinks my engineer goby is an eel. It's so friggin cool. He is awesome. He builds little underground tunnels everywhere. But that is the part you have to be careful with. You have to have your live rock incredibly stable, or he will knock em down. They get HUGE! They come to you at about 1-2 inches, and grow to over a foot!!!!

Originally Posted by Cooqie
ok but they clean the sand because i definatly want one now
I don't think they clean the sand. They just move it so that they can have their tunnels

yea thats what i mean they are like sand sifter
Yes, they sift the sand, but only until they are done making their tunnels. A better sand sifter would be something like a dragon or a diamond goby perhaps. If you want something that looks like an eel (which I just read that you are looking for from your other thread), go for the engineer. You should have at least a 70 gallon tank though, because they get huge. And you should have a relatively deep sand bed to keep them happy.

i have a 70-75 gallon tank with 4 inch sand bed and alot of live rock
Then you are a perfect candidate! :)