Equipment 4 Sale in Hartford, CT area...

We are selling the following equipment:
All-Glass 90 gallon, plastic oak trimmed tank
All-Glass oak finish pine cabinet stand w/matching canopy
CustomSeaLife metal halide/pwr comp light fixture (black aluminum hood housing two 175 watt Blueline 10K plus mh lamps brand new, never used and six 55/65 watt pwr compacts, 50/50's and Actinic Blue's...I believe two compacts bulbs need to be replaced). The hood originally had 4 pwr compacts, we added two more. Hood has a fan. Have all the ballasts. We were in the process of putting into the canopy an additional IceCap fan kit to help in cooling during the summer, which can also go with the tank and stand setup.
Also have extra equipment: SeaClone skimmer, Fluval 303 canister filter, two UV sterilizers that we never used, tap water filter (deionization with extra cartridge), that must go with the tank and stand because we're cleaning out.
We had fish, LR, and corals in this tank, which ran for approximately 8 months. Due to personal family problems, we no longer have the time to put into maintaining the aquarium.
We are asking $500.00 for all the above.
Also have a 55 gallon oak finish plastic trim tank with wrought iron stand with Coralife Lunar Aqualight (4 pwr compacts, 3 lunar lights) brand new. No canopy. Have an Emperor 400 filter that we used with it. This tank and stand is only a month old. We are asking $300.00 for this equipment.
Have a 45 gallon tank with pine cabinet stand from All-Glass with canopy, SeaClone skimmer. Have a gutted black aluminum CustomSeaLife hood with reflector and fan and m/h 175 watt ballast that we were going to customize that fits the 45 gallon. We are asking $200.00 for this tank, stand, skimmer, and hood case w/ballast.
Also have a 29 gallon tank with pine cabinet stand by All-Glass with fluorescent strip light hood that we had freshwater fish in. $75.00.
We also have an additional 29 gallon All-Glass tank, and other stuff for sale that can be picked up if you're interested when you come for the other tanks and stands.
All equipment listed here is less than one year old.
All this has to be sold on a pick-up only basis.
Thanks,
Tracy

andrew79

do you have any lr ( looking for only around 15 lbs) also do you have any coral for sale, i live in ct also and i am looking to start a frag tank. let me know
thanks
andrew

sov82

I'm in Vernon....interested in a few things...I actually just bought a 90 gallon or I would have taken yours :(
How much for:
30 Gallon Tank (no stand, the empty one)
Ice Cap Fan (is it the 4" or 3"...super quiet or not?)
How much live rock do you have?
How much for the Sea Clone Skimmer?
Might be interested in the 55 or 45 as well...will ask a friend. On the 45, what is left to be done to get the hood up and running?
You wouldn't be willing to sell just the hood off the 90 would you? If so, how much.
Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,
We would be willing to sell the metal halide/pwr compact light fixture apart from the tank and stand (you do mean the lighting hood, not the canopy?). This hood fixture was an investment we made of $599.00 back in November 2003, and we purchased the Blueline mh lamps about 3 weeks ago but had since that time called it quits on the hobby and never used the new lamps. We would like to get $250.00 for this fixture. FYI, this fixture sits on top of a canopy or cover.
We have two SeaClone skimmers that was on our 90 gallon and 45 gallon aquariums, they work for up to 150 gallons.
Asking $35.00 for each...or make an offer for package deal for both. They have been cleaned and in excellent working condition.
$10.00 or best offer on the 29 gallon tanks each, we have two. They are both only about 5 months old.
The Ice Cap fan was purchased at the same time as the Blueline mh lamps and is brand new in its box. It is the 4" one with the temp sensor probe, I guess its the quieter one, as the ad said, but we're not sure because we never ran it. We paid $45.00 for the kit, would like to get at least $25.00 for it.
Unfortunately, we do not have anymore live rock, fish, or corals. They went to good homes with other local hobbyists we know.
BTW, we are in Bristol, about 25 mins West on 84 from Hartford.
Thanks for the inquiry, Matt, and if you're still interested, let us know.
Tracy

sov82

Ok, sounds good. Let me talk it over with my girlfriend.
Can you leave your email here? I'm 99% taking:
1 29 gallon tank
1-2 SeaClone Skimmer
I might take the hood...thinking about it since I just bought a brand new T5 light...Might take the fan...Oh and how much for the Lunar Light? My girlfriend is going to see if she has room for the 45 or 55 as well. On the 45, what is left to be done to complete the light? Estimated cost to finish?
My brother also is interested in the freshwater 30 gallon setup you have? Does it come with a heater or filter or anything?
Thanks,
Matt

sov82

Well I'll defintely take:
The 2 skimmers
1 29 Gallon Tank
Let me know on the questions I posted above.
Im trying to talk my girlfriend into taking the 45 gallon. She wants it and just wants to make sure she has room.
My brother will probably take the Fresh Water Setup.
I'll see if I can sell my brand new light so I can take your hood. If I dont buy your hood, I'll buy the fan to use with my current light.
Are you avaliable during the day? If not, I could come down this Friday or Saturday evening or...during the afternoon on Sunday.
If you need me to reserve the stuff we end up agreeing to buy before then, I could send money Paypal (but then you would end up paying fees).
Thanks,
Matt
sovereign82@hotmail.com
AIM: sov82
If you email me, please put FISH or something to that extent in the subject line.

sov82

Talked with girlfriend. She will take the 45 gallon setup assuming its in acceptable condition. Can you leave your name, phone number, and if you use AIM/MSN that as well.
I'll talk it over with you on what we want in total and when we can pick up and prices!
Thanks,
Matt

Okay, let me sort this all out here...
Andrew: The 45 setup is not up and running, we don't have a photo of it. All I can tell you is that the black aluminum CustomSeaLife hood sat right on top of the canopy and worked out very well.
Matt:
So you want the 2 skimmers and the 29 gallon tank. You can take a look at the 90 gallon light fixture when you come and see if it is something you can use, when you see it, maybe you'll have a better idea. With this light fixture you can keep anything in your tank, if you wanted to keep corals it would be worth the investment.
The lighting hood for the 45 is the exact same CustomSeaLife light that is on the 90, only smaller obviously. My husband was going to customize it and sold the mh lamp and socket and pwr compacts to a hobbyist friend who needed them. Right now it is just a black aluminum casing with reflector. I'm sure you know that you can get retrofit kits that will work nicely in the hood. We do have the ballasts that came with the hood, but you probably won't need them with a retro, but they can go with the hood if you're good at wiring. My husband reminded me that we have a third skimmer that can go with the 45 that does up to 100 gallons. It is also less than a year old, about 6 months. The skimmer can go with this whole deal. So we have the tank, pine cabinet stand, canopy, aluminum hood w/reflector, fan, and ballasts and a SeaClone skimmer.
We have another 29 gallon, and a pine cabinet stand for it, and the hood with the fluorescent strip light, and yes, we do have a heater and filter that can go with it. The filter is an external one with the bio wheels, I think an Emperor 400. Heater is the submersible kind.
Just to remind you, we also have other equipment and supplies you might decide that you need when you come. We do have a Fluval 303 canister filter, 3 AquaClear power heads with the quick filter attachments (a couple 402's and a 302), we have SeaChem reef additives that we recently purchased that are not used just to name a few.
We have the Coralife Lunar light, which is brand new. We only used it for about 3 weeks. This light is 48" and will fit a 90 or 55. We used it on our 90 while my husband was adding the two additional pwr compacts to the mh/pwr compact fixture. This light is a new product from Coralife and we paid $265.00 for it. It would be great for the 55. We'd like to get $190.00 for it. This light also sits on a cover or they sell 4 leg attachments that go for about $7.00 or $8.00 that raises the light about 2" from the rim of the tank. There is a fan in this fixture also.
I hope this answers everything for you. Saturday or Sunday afternoon this weekend would be best. Let me know what you definitely plan to buy and I will send you an email to set up a time for you to come pick up everything and I'll give you directions to get to us.
Thanks,
Tracy

sov82

Can you leave your email?
On the 45s light, could we easily throw in 4 Power Compact 65 watt lights if we put the ballasts in? This would be for my girlfriend and she isn't going to go all crazy on the tank so going M/H probably isn't worth the $$$$. She does what the tank though.
Right now Im planning on:
(1) 29 Gallon Tank Empty
(1) 29 Gallon w/ Stand Fresh Water Setup...Heater, FO Light, Filter
(1) Seaclone Skimmer
(1) 45 Gallon Setup with Stand and Skimmer and Light
I'll probably take a few of the additives too when I swing by. I'm thinking about the 90 gallon hood as well.
Saturday or Sunday should be fine. Would have to be after 6:00 on Saturday...Sunday probably between 2-5.
Let me know on the 45's light.
Matt

Hi Matt,
I sent you an email last night at the address you put in your post. You should see my email addy there. I haven't checked my mail yet, so I don't know if you've returned an email. I'll put me email below.
Yes, you can easily put power compacts into this hood, in fact I think we have a ballast with the hood that will run two 55/65 watt compacts (it came with the hood). I'll check with my husband on that. As far as adding more, its not hard, my husband can show you or tell you more about that. You can get power compact kits that have the light, endcaps, wiring, ballast that you can easily install into the hood, like I said my husband can show you when you come or talk to you about it by phone. I sent our phone # last night in an email to you. I think this hood can easily hold about six 55/65 watt power compacts, and what's nice about it is that it has a fan for cooling because they do generate some heat. And as I think I mentioned, it also has a reflector in it.
After 6:00 on Saturday sounds good as does between 2-5 on Sunday, I'll double check with my hubby. I would say how about planning for 3:00 Sunday afternoon? Does that work for you? Let me know, and I'll check with my hubby to make sure it's okay with him.
Send me an email to talk more and confirm our plans. Put something in the subject line referencing this discussion so I'll know.
Thanks,
Tracy
tmamalafleur@sbcglobal.net

andrew79

if sov82 decides not to take the 45 let me know, how much do you want for just the tank and stand? or if you have any other tank and stand of similar size for sale.
thanks
andrew

sov82

Andrew,
I believe she still has the 55 gallon. Thats one heck of a deal on the 55 btw!
Its just too big for where I would put it so Im going with the 45.

Hi Andrew,
Sorry it took so long for a reply.
The 55 gallon setup is stil available. We are selling the complete setup for $300.00 firm. The tank, stand, and the light was the last thing we purchased and its only about a month old. The Lunar light is brand new, costing $265.00. For $300.00 you're getting a fairly new tank, stand, new light, filter (we have an Emperor 400 and a Fluval 303 canister), and a Seaclone skimmer.
I'm sorry but we do have to sell it complete. Let me know if you're still interested.
Thanks,
Tracy

jaisai01

do you still have any of the powerheads for sale. if you do let me know on a price shipped to 47906. i would be looking into the 2 402s. thanks
arul

Hi,
I believe the powerheads may be sold this weekend to someone that is picking up some equipment. If they do not take them, I will let you know.
Thanks,
Tracy

chandler04

I could be interested in getting that 45 gallon off yer back ;). Im in fairfield. Just one question though? Will these metal halide things actually work for the hood, like is it ready to be doen, just needs to be put in, and if so, how much are bulbs and how many do I need? Im in fairfield CT. Email me please, thanx
Chandler044@aol.com

sheffboyrd

I'm interested in the SeaClone Skimmer you have with your 55 gallon setup. Would you be willing to ship this to Boston?