Equipment List for 150G FOWLR build

nano-newb1983

Updated Equipment list:
150 gallon tank
1500GPH Overflow
75 gallon Sump
OCT-DNW-200 Octopus Recirculating Skimmer
Mag 5 (Feed pump to skimmer)
Mag 24 (Retun pump from sump, going to have 2 return lines)
4- Koralia 4's( Got 4, but will prolly only need 2 since im upgrading return pump)
2- 200w Heaters
2- 36" Nova Extreme SLR T-5 Fixtures
How does all that sound? For fish i plan 2 puffers,Blue Jaw Trigger, and some tangs or
eel.

nissan577

pretty sweet! and we all know your gonna end up making it a reef tank at the end!

and why do you have heaters?

jshepherd

Instead of 2 x 36" units look at the 72" nova extreme pro. I have it and like it but I will be selling it to possibly get the outer orbit w halides.
Also consider a reeflo dart for your pump because it is very quit and low energy draw.
I also was able to fit the MSX extreme 250/Oct extreme 250 under the stand for the 150 ( assuming a std perfecto stand )

small triggers

sounds GREATTTTTT. when will it be set up? That is some extreme flow you will be having in there,,, I only have 2x 1200ish gph pumps in my 150. What are the dimensions of the tank you are going to buy (or bought already?) Mine was a little different since it was my LFS custom acrylic show tank its only 5ft wide. PICTURES....

nano-newb1983

Originally Posted by small triggers
http:///forum/post/2952055
sounds GREATTTTTT. when will it be set up? That is some extreme flow you will be having in there,,, I only have 2x 1200ish gph pumps in my 150. What are the dimensions of the tank you are going to buy (or bought already?) Mine was a little different since it was my LFS custom acrylic show tank its only 5ft wide. PICTURES....

I will have it set up in a few weeks. Im going to home depot soon to get wood for my stand. My brother in law is awesome at building things... My tank is 72x18x24.
I will get some pics this weekend of some of my goodies.. Im picking up the 150 saturday and the 75g sump today. Soon i will be building my sump, im going to do a nice big fuge in it. I cant wait
The 150 has a black background, you think i should keep it? also i was thinking of going with the black and whit sand, what you think?
Have any pics of your tank and set up? i would love to see

nano-newb1983

picking up DT and sump today. Im getting wood for stand today, Im going to try and have it up and running by next weekend
Now i got to hunt for some LR and LS

deejeff442

i found a150 gallon tank for 300 dollars and offered 200 ,see if they take it.you got a steel.
right now i am running a 150 gallon but bought a 225 ,my friend built the stand the wood and door brackets were almost 500 dollars.
the stand looks awesome though even put a rope edge on it.
thats a pretty big pump for return.
probably could go with the mag 18.
especially with all the koralia's
good luck have fun

nano-newb1983

I wanted the bigger pump because im going to have to returns into the tank and im just going to do the 2'k4's since i up'ed the return pump... think that would work?
I know, the guy wants it out of the garage so he is hooking me up. Im so excited to get this going
Hope your guy accepts your offer

deejeff442

yea then the big pump is great with the two koralias.
my 150 has a 1800 gph with two returns and two koralia $4's
probably could have gone bigger with the return pump.
it flows nice.
yes she emailed me back for the 150 gallon.$200
i really dont need it but its a great find.right now i have a 150 running,a 225 in the gararge that i need to find some neighbors to water test it in the drive,a 90 gallon that is being water tested now which i was going to use as a sump for the 225,also a 33 gallon and a 45 gallon i use to mix sw.
i have tanks everywhere.
i think we are going to be moving and found a huge house might need to hurry and get the thing.
i still need to find a return pump for the 225 i hear reeflo makes a nice pump.
its fun setting up a new tank but sucks when the new tank algea makes its arrival.