Equipment upgrades

nyhcx516x

New bulbs for my 2 PC fixtures, and a koralia 3 to replace a very crappy maxi jet. I have been running the lights with old bulbs (got both fixtures used), so I hope this will help the corals, and combat my growing algae issues (yes, pun intended).
Overall, thank is looking good, despite the algae. Mandarin is doing well. I dont nnotice any changes in him yet, cant tell if hes gettiing thinner or fatter, lol. He is always picking, and picks more when I feed the tank, so thats a good sign.
I am going to use the egg crate to build a bubble trap in my sump baffles. I am still getting micro bubbles into the display, and they are driving me nuts, so thats this weeks project, updates on that when i get to it.
Also going to look into an auto top off setup, top offs are starting to get annoying, lol.

nyhcx516x

Oh, the micro bubble issue has been beaten to death! lol.
Ill toss a pic up tonite after work.
Basically... 40 breeder DT, 40 breeder sump/refuge. Skimmer is in the feed chamber of the sump, baffles seperating that chamber from the refuge, baffles seperating the refuge from the return chamber. Skimmer is well broken in, and tweaked. The bubbles are just flowing past both sets of baffles. I am thinking... of building something to rest in the first set of baffles to put some filter floss on, water will flow over it and down the baffle, and the bubbles will collect, and pop from there.
Also considered a filter on the return pump intake... but am unsure about that.

nyhcx516x

WOW... the K3 in my tank is a hurricane! Sandbed is all over... crazy water movment. Wondering if I sould have gone with a second K2.
Currently have a K2 and the new K3.
K3 is near the top, pointing fairly parrallel, so it isnt even amied at the sandbed. Im really amazed at its power. Seems MUCH stronger than the K2