equipment?

stonedpimp

ive been reading this forum for about a month now. i think im ready to start buying equipment. im going with the emperor 400 filter, a bakpak 2 protien skimmer, 2 maxijet 1200 powerheads, 4in. dsb, 80 pounds silica sand 20 pounds argonite, no southdown around. 50 pounds fiji live rock pre cured. tell what you think so far? my question is do i need a air pump? and what is a good heater, and which is the best salt. i found ro water at kroger for 40 cents a gallon so i will use that. its a 55 gallon tank. by the way ive asked a couple questions havent had many responses, i think its the name tried to change it but cant its just my favorite kid rock song im not really a stoned pimp. thanks for any advise.

T

thomas712

Do a search on maxi jet powerheads and you will find that the 900 offers a good gph flow and uses much less power. If you go with the 1200's thats fine, thats what I did on a 55.
Thomas

cb

The argonite sand is better than the silica sand . I don't know anything about using an air pump as I do not have one and I use Instant Ocean salt I like the way it mixes and that is what is readily available here.:) Welcome to the board....

stonedpimp

thanks again thomas i will go with the 900s. i know the argonite is better but im trying to keep cost down ill have an inch of aragonite on top of the silica . will go with the instant ocean, thanks. anybody on the best heater brand. thanks again.

T

thomas712

Won Pro Heat. Made from Titanium, no threat of breaking, best I've ever owned. Many also like Ebo-Jagers,made from much better than avarage glass, and also like the Pro heats, very accurate.
Thomas