Estimated cost to move a tank

tangman99

Wasn't quite sure where to post this so hope it's ok here. I'm selling my entire system and I'm trying to get an idea of what it would cost someone to have it moved in negotiating the price. Essentially, they will just need to come tear down a 90 gallon reef with 100 lbs of fiji, two clams and 200 lbs of live sand. There is a refugium in the bottom and wiring for two MH lights and two VHO and plumbing. They will then need to transport it about 20 miles and set it up back up again. Does anyone have any idea about what price range this would be?
Thanks!

acrylic51

Honestly wouldn't be a part of negotiating price IMO....If "they" want the setup and it's worth it, they'll move it.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///forum/thread/386489/estimated-cost-to-move-a-tank#post_3395334
Honestly wouldn't be a part of negotiating price IMO....If "they" want the setup and it's worth it, they'll move it.
+1000
Most folks are selling way below what it cost to setup as it is, so you are already taking a huge loss.
I hope your sure you want rid of it. It's so costly to restart. I would sell the live stock and store the rest for at least a year to be sure you won't miss it and get the bug to restart. That's just me.

tangman99

I see your point and yes, I am sure I am done after 15 years. I could part it out for around $400 more than I'm asking but the effort and time is just not worth it to me and I would rather sell it as a complete setup and have it gone. I am selling for less than it is worth without a doubt.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangMan99 http:///forum/thread/386489/estimated-cost-to-move-a-tank#post_3395377
I see your point and yes, I am sure I am done after 15 years. I could part it out for around $400 more than I'm asking but the effort and time is just not worth it to me and I would rather sell it as a complete setup and have it gone. I am selling for less than it is worth without a doubt.
$400.00 My goodness I wish I lived close to you. My lights alone cost more than that. LOL...After 22 years I also broke down my tank and sold everything...One year later I repurchased and set a new tank up. It just wasn't home without a fish tank. When you have something for even 15 years...being without it not might be what you envisioned. If you a physically not able to do it anymore, I would say is more a permanent reason.
Oh well, in the end you do what you feel is best. Sorry to have you getting out. Are you still going to lurk around the site, like some of old timers to help out?

tangman99

I've pretty much been out of it for two years now and just had the tank on auto pilot. I'm sure I'll miss it when it's gone but I don't think I'll be setting up another tank. Not selling the setup for $400 Flower. I'm selling it for about $400 LESS than I could get parting out the tank.