Euro Reef CS6-1 in Chicago Area

robchuck

Euro Reef CS6-1
Rated for 100 gallons
10"x8 1/2" footprint
20" tall
This skimmer includes a dead Sedra 3500 pump with all parts (including the original and moderately worn needle wheel impeller; this pump was fried during a power surge) and a BRAND NEW Sedra 3500 with brand new needle-wheel impeller. The manual is also included.
I'm selling this skimmer because the plans for my upcoming reef kept getting larger and larger while I was waiting for the replacement Sedra pump, so instead I bought a larger Beckett skimmer. I have had this skimmer for almost two years now (purchased used from the original buyer who acquired it in December of 2001). It has been very-well maintained, and only has a few small scratches.
The skimmer is located in Aurora, IL (about an hour west of Chicago). I would like to sell this skimmer locally, as I'm worried about shipping it and having it arrived damaged and dealing with the shipping company, insurance, and all that stuff. If I can't sell it locally, I'll just keep it for a future system. :D :D :D
$225 cash and carry (the skimmer retails for $378 and this one comes with a BRAND NEW pump!)
Email me at robhartmann@NOSPAMameritech.net (remove NOSPAM) for more information
I also have a used Kent 2.5 gallon Aquadoser I'll throw in for free to whoever picks up this skimmer!
EDIT - edited to include email address

innsmouth

Still will buy it if you ship. It really wouldn't cost much to ship a skimmer and pump. insurance isn't a big deal either. Just take it to UPS or Fed Ex dude.

robchuck

I'm still really weary about shipping the skimmer. I've had no problems shipping things in the past, but have had four packages in the past month arrive to me broken, including medical supplies. It's shaken my confidence in all of the shippers at the moment.