Euro Reef RC80

stanlalee

I assume you have a 75-90g with sump in which case the RC80 is fine unless you are overstocked. an RC180 would be major overkill as Euroreefs arent overated. the difference between an RC80 and remora pro in both capacity and skimming ability is MAJOR.
AquaC Remora Pro

Euroreef RC80

zsqure

Stanlalee, thanks I like your comparason.
Cranberry, can you post or send me a pic of your RC180 so I can see the diff?

zsqure

OOH, that's a beast. According to Euro Reef it is a RC80 model. Paypal is only concerned with the shipment and reciept of goods that they transact for. Not if it was misrepresented. The seller was adamant that it was an RC180. I will need to double check dimensions when I return home.
Thank You for posting the pic.

cranberry

Originally Posted by zsqure
http:///forum/post/3151361
Paypal is only concerned with the shipment and reciept of goods that they transact for. Not if it was misrepresented.
"Regardless of where you shop online, PayPal’s Buyer Complaint Policy lets you submit a dispute for an item you don’t receive or an item significantly not as described
."
You are covered.
What is the guy saying about the repair? Send him that pic with the RC80 circled. ER can even track that S/N number. I can even tell from the width it's not a 180. Did he include a pic with the auction? Ohhhh this ticks me off.

zsqure

Oh man I am bummed. The seller is adamant about the fact he sent me an RC180. I can't get anywhere with Paypal online, I'll have to talk to a real person.

cranberry

Excellent. Call your creditcard if it looks like it's going to be a hassle through paypal. They will definitely take care of you.
I've taken screen captures of the webpage just in case he edits it. I have no idea how that site works, but he had SOLD next to the skimmer.... he may be able to erase the 1 in RC180. I wasn't sure.

stanlalee

wow the seller is an idiot. its clear from his own pic that isn't even close to being an RC180 and would take 2 minutes to verify its a RC80. he knows good and well thats not a RC180 by now even if he didn't before (which he did).

zsqure

Things are definitely looking up. I found an RC180 this morning for 100 bucks. Talked to the guy, explained what had occured and the info I needed. He wasn't sure of the model but verified by serial tag. Euro Reef wanted 100 to fix the other one and I am getting this for 100 (plus shipping) woo hoo! I'm going to attempt to fix the RC80. Shouldn't be too difficult with the correct adhesive. Thank You to everyone for their input and assistance.

cranberry

But But.... you're going to fight the sale of the old one, right?
100 for that skimmer is excellent. They cost 900 bucks.
Invest in a gate valve verses the ball valve that's on there. You'll tune the skimmer is SO much easier.

zsqure

I repaired the RC80 with PVC cement and a very large clamp. So far so good. Trying it out on my QT tank.
Now to figure out how to plumb it into my system.