Evansi Anthias

johnny84

Hey everyone,
I have an Evansi Anthia, had him/her for about a month now and doing good. I noticed on SWF they have one in stock, its a female. Does anyone know how to tell a male from a female evansi anthia? If I infact have a male at home I would seriously think about getting the female. Any help would be appreciated.

kelly

Anthias species are all hermaphroditic. This means that if a dominant male dies, the largest female will often morph into a male and take its place in the hierarchy.
You may get lucky if you have a female already, and if you have a male all is well.
Kelly

johnny84

Originally Posted by Kelly
Anthias species are all hermaphroditic. This means that if a dominant male dies, the largest female will often morph into a male and take its place in the hierarchy.
You may get lucky if you have a female already, and if you have a male all is well.
Kelly
Yeah I knew that part. But it makes no difference, after doing some research I found that if I wanted to have more then one Evansi I would need a tank at least 125 gallons and that I dont have right now. But thanks for your help