evaporation rates

robster

hey all
i was wondering how much water people are replacing in thier tanks daily and what the temps are and if you have fans in your canopys--mine is about 1g or less now that summer is here with make up water being limewater(kalkwasser)mostly.temp 78-80
. :cool:
[ May 10, 2001: Message edited by: robster ]

3 Fans in canopy ,temp 78-82 and half gallon of kaulwasser drip per day. was 1 quarts per day then added MH light and whent to half gallon per day. But adding mh might have added temp, I wouldnt change it even if it was a gallon a day. Also got the electric bill today since adding the MH our bill went up 20 bucks!! and this light is only on from noon to five...cya :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nm reef

55 reef...260 watts pc(CSL)..replace a little less than 1 gal per day.....drip using combination of sea chem products on a rotating basis...temp stays around 80-82 degrees and no fan

ej

55 reef- 302 watts Pc. Replace about one gal. per day, temp stays around 77 degrees with two fans.

jond

37gal with 225W of VHO. No fan and I replace about a gallon of water a week. I have no fan and use a glass top under my canopy. Temp is 78-81.
Does anyone else who posted use a glass top?

40 gal/breeder reef tank.
380 watts VHO, run 12 hrs a day, fan cooled hood with splash gaurd.
No glass top.
1/2 gal per day. Temperature constant 82.
Hermit

tacks

125g with a fan blowing across the surface. Nothing in between the water and lights. VHO lights are about 5" from the surface. I add about a gallon a day.

total

55g
220w pc's no fan
about a gallon a day with no hood 1/4 gallon with hood on. I leave the hood off (better lighting) I use a one gallon milk jug suspended from my ceiling on a IV drip.
79 at night 81 in the day with lights on
AC is always on in the house set to 78 or cooler.
TTFN

shel

gallon a day, MH on 4 hours a day, 2 fans in canopy turn on 1/2 before the MH and 1/2 after the MH turn off. Temp 79 at night 80 day.