ever had a coral that wouldn't die?

dmjordan

my lfs gave me a piece of fox coral that had only 2 mouths and tissue bubbles on it. I threw it in my qt tank and it has been there ever since (about 2 months now). since the only thing in the tank is a predatory whelk i don't turn on the light very much at all. i am using a cheap-o topfin 10 hang on filter for it and no powerheads. the coral lost one of the 2 tissue / mouth pieces about a week after i put it in there but that is all. still alive but not growing either. for the life of me i can't tell why this is not dead yet. i was going to put it into my main tank but i didn't want to put it in if it was dying. any thoughts?

reefstar22

I have a bubble coral that wont die. Its werid....it should grow if you give it time...my bubble is super small...give it time and it'll come back...
Best of luck

gtiguy

Capanella's aka Kenya trees are the worst and they always frag themselves so you never really get rid of them completely...lol....

rustyj

Originally Posted by Laddy
The will to survive is in all creatures........

Can you put that will in all of my creatures?

laddy

LOL.....maybe not, and considering I had a yahsa haze goby jump out of the tank and carpet surf five fee to behind a closet door we never close, maybe 4 times a year, I may need to retract that statement. LOL