Ever have this feeling about a fish???

big

Well his first though I am sure is "Yippee!!! something new to bury so he never can find it again"
Just saw this shot while taking a few more shots of some new Zoo's from Laz. Anyone with one of these creatures may understand this thought...... I am sure he is thinking its too big to eat so I will bury it!!Warren

big

I have several jumpers in the tank. No glass .... Lucky so far..........
He has been in there almost a year. He don't have time to jump, the
B- hole is too busy rearranging the substrate and hiding frags.

damselz

i have one of these, he is a cool fish but does tend to rearrange the tank. I have lost some snails because of him, lost meaning he buried them and I can't find them so I guess they are dead. He also picks up hermits and shoots them across the tank when they go near his hole under my LR. I had to reset all LR when I got him because he started causing rockslides. All LR is now on the glass instead of on top of the sand. Cool Fish though.

reefkprz

he has that crazed look of imminent mayhem glowing in his eyes.
tommorrow he'll just say,"Frag, what frag?"

D

dborne3

I have already went through to of these gobies - one jumped through the gap in the glass lid and the second through the eggcrate top.

amphitrite

Wow-I am glad to hear about them. I keep thinking about getting one to sift my sand and that they look SOOO cute

itom37

Love my diamond. Keeps the sand nice and clean, though I'm told he's eating all the pods in my sand keeping me from a mandarin

Oh well, it's a cool fish.

T

tiberius

Originally Posted by dborne3
I have already went through to of these gobies - one jumped through the gap in the glass lid and the second through the eggcrate top.

I was hoping that egg crate was a savior to fish jumpers. I do have glass tops and need to close up the small gap in the front of the glass with a netting material. (I lost my LMB when it jumped through the front crack. I will not get another till I fix all the gaps.) I need to see if my LFS will sell me a 3' foot piece of their stuff. I really don't need 20' of it from the DIY store. But, I also tell people to use egg crate when they had jumpers. I just thought the stuff worked.
I just hope there will always be a good supply of these jumping fish. Seems to me that with just this one site, I have read so many fish that jump. Hate to see gobies on the endangered species list!