Every describe your CRAZY CLOWNFISH QUIRKS...

J

jdragunas

Ok, my perc clown is my fav. fish in the whole world.
The other day I was watching him, and he was hanging out around my return valve from my wet/dry filter. Then he started to do something i've never seen before. He swam to the very top of the valve, and dove in-front of the water it was pumping into my tank, which in turn swooshed him out to the middle of my tank. He then began to repeat this for the next hour and a half, on and off. It was like his own little roller coaster.
I taped it on my camcorder, but i don't know how to post stuff like that online... sigh.
Anyone else have clownnfish with crazy quirks?

rainfishy

Let see. My clowns, nemo and nemo's wife (named by a three year old) like to eat out of my hand. And nit at my hands when ever they are in the tank

Nemo likes to put half of his body in front of the powerhead, so his body is curled in a circle.
I think that's it

carshark

mine does almost the same as rainfishy's, whenever my hand is in the tank he likes to nip at my hand to see if i have any food, when there isnt any food there its almost like he goes in the corner and pouts! he doesnt swim in place he sits in the top corner nearest me and stays still, then i move my hand out he comes back to the front and swims in place right in front of my face! its so cute! but the funniest thing he does is go near the highpower powerhead and swims against the current for a few minutes and then lets go and shoots across the tank! then he comes back and does all over again, he is one cool percula!

D

dholmblad

Mine will always fallow me, thinking I have food. And I know they know what the food bin looks like.

thegrog

Originally Posted by jdragunas
Ok, my perc clown is my fav. fish in the whole world.
The other day I was watching him, and he was hanging out around my return valve from my wet/dry filter. Then he started to do something i've never seen before. He swam to the very top of the valve, and dove in-front of the water it was pumping into my tank, which in turn swooshed him out to the middle of my tank. He then began to repeat this for the next hour and a half, on and off. It was like his own little roller coaster.
I taped it on my camcorder, but i don't know how to post stuff like that online... sigh.
Anyone else have clownnfish with crazy quirks?

Mine do the same thing! I call it the Fishy Waterslide!!!
My perculas take turns teasing my yellowtail damsel. One will swim towards it's rock, let it get chased out and then the other swims in from the other side. This goes back and forth for a while and really gets the damsel worked up! Funny as hell to watch!

mr_bill

LOL, Grog thats great with the damsel.
Mine do something strange with each other. The male hardly ever leaves the anemone but the female does all the time. When she gets the urge she goes flying full speed right at the poor little guy bull dozing her way in, he in turn spins around and looks like he's pecking her all around behind her gills. Almost like she needs a little attention now and then and demands it by engaging ramming speed at the little male. He gives her about 8 kisses and then she's all good for about 10 more minutes.

teresaq1

mine use to love thier green mushroom, now the female has discovered the frilly mushrooms above, and she just loves to snuggle down in. its funny to watch her make a fuss over them. today she tried to feed them. she grabbed a piece of flake food, and spit it on the fuzzy shrooms.

newatsalt

We have a clarkii who is the cutiest fish in the whole fish world! It is so fun to watch him snuggle with his anemone....then he takes his tail and swishes it back and forth really fast to cause alot of motion and stir up the sand every time he goes in and out of the anemone.....Also, when we feed - he will take as much of the food as he can and he will store it in the anemone and eat it later....like a chipmunk! I just love him

jacknjill

Originally Posted by TeresaQ1
mine use to love thier green mushroom, now the female has discovered the frilly mushrooms above, and she just loves to snuggle down in. its funny to watch her make a fuss over them. today she tried to feed them. she grabbed a piece of flake food, and spit it on the fuzzy shrooms.
you know, when they do that they arent actually trying to feed it. they are being greedy and trying to save it for themselves to eat later! i think thats hilarious.

newatsalt

I know that is what my clarkii does...its like he is a spider and the anemone is his "holding" web....I love to watch him swim out there and gather a tone of food and stash it away and go get more......

computrgk

my perc i used to have who died a year ago of ick

used to float on his side at the top of the tank and just swin around sideways up ther all the time my damsel nips at me all the time specially my three lined.

zephyrlily

When my tank-bred perc used to live in the Nanocube she figured out she didn't have to swim in her sleep at night if she slept next to the grill intake and let the suction hold her in place. :happyfish

zephyrlily

Sorry to laugh at your hardships sw65galma, it's just funny seeing all those ruined tank shots with the culprit nowhere to be found, like a hit and run job.

sw65galma

Originally Posted by zephyrlily
Sorry to laugh at your hardships sw65galma, it's just funny seeing all those ruined tank shots with the culprit nowhere to be found, like a hit and run job.

You should see her, She carries stuff around like a person..Picks up small rocks, carries her anenome around like her blanket...
And makes a huge mess in the sand

J

jdragunas

anyone else have any crazzzyyyy behavior stories?
That was awesome sw65galma

museumgirl

our BTA sits on the side of a rock, so he sits out kind of sideways, and our little maroon clown just loves to wiggle, wiggle, wiggle in there, but somtimes I look over and I swear he's just laying there like it's a lazy boy. He looks like if he could, he would be kickin' back with he little fins crossed.

melisa3816

Hello everyoone my name is Melisa and I am new at this but loving it I have had my SWT for about 3 months now and just love it my clown fish does this weird thing I don't know if there is something wrong with him or if it's just a little game he plays but everytime I get done feeding him he will then go to the top of the water and catch the bubbles that are coming from the filter and he will does this for at least 10-15 minutes does it every day neat to watch.