Everybody Pitch In

mossad327

If everybody here gives me a few hundred thousand dollars each, I can buy the Caribbean island that's up for auction on ----. If everybody loans me the money, I promise I will let y'all visit the island. Check it out on ----. Do a search for Thatch Cay. Whoever wins that is the luckiest person alive in my opinion.

swilbs83

that is unbelievable.......an island in that kind of place for that little money........if only i were rich :(.......imagine the carribeen ocean reefs in your backyard...

overanalyzer

It is part of the US Virgin islands and falls under those specific laws.
From the pictures I saw it had a house on it .... there is a real estate company here advertising an acre beach front property in the Cayman islands for only $412,500 ....
Personally I think we could swing it if I sold a kidney or something - but the commute would be a

[hr]
!!!

melbournefl

Good kidneys are only fetching about $30K right now, market's tight ummmm sorry, I was looking for a new house and was just investigating all the posibilities.
Later,
Paul

chef jaysen

How much would a two year old sell for on the black market.....Hmmm I dont want to get in trouble for that so how about my wife ...........Ill sell her for a small part of the island with a palm tree and beach front...let me know...............lol:D

jarvis

If only something happend like the movie Indecent Proposal.....I would send my girlfriend off in a heartbeat. (Im safe, she doesn't read the posts).

ex82nd

I had the money till i started saltwater tanks lol. As far as selling your wife I have one and you would have to pay me to take another one. :D :D :eek: Just kidding ladies :rolleyes:

mossad327

To whoever wins the island - just remember who started the post...and pay me back very generously :D <---me now
:cool: <----me after I'm on the island for the rest of my life

superman

It would be cool to have an island an all...But say one day you are out chillin' on your beach and some pirates are out marauding, as pirates tend to do. They come on shore rob you and kill your family. 3 days later your 9-1-1 dispatch gets there and then what. I watch way to many discovery documentaries. But come on...that would really suck.:p

mossad327

Why do you have to be so damn pessimistic, Superman? How about some optimism?
Instead of saying "What if a pirate comes and robs you?" you should be saying, "Man, wouldn't it be great if I were to become a pirate and rob other people?" This way, your island could be your home-base. After you've robbed enough people and collected enough booty, you could form and start an army of killer dolphins. Of course, they, too, would have to have their own leader, but you could teach him to communicate with you with intricate eye wink signals. One wink = Yes, Two winks = No, Three winks = There's the coast guard coming to the island at 3.42 knots from the SSW...etc.
Of course these dolphins would have to protect something. And that something would be you and your castle. A castle made of pure gold with 43 guest bathrooms because it gets really annoying having parties and having people pee all over your toilet. This way, there will always be at least one clean toilet.
Now tucked away inside your castle would be your collection of exotic cars, helicopters, and pirate ships. Obviously the pirate ships will sit in a shark pool until they are ready to be used for pillaging and such.
Also kept in the castle, though, will be your collection of rock stars. This way, you can have your own private Stones show, or what have you, whenever you would like. How to keep these alive, you ask? Well the rock stars will be continuously and intravenuously fed sugar from the sugar fields on the island. These fields will be tended to by an unending supply of spider monkeys that you have stolen off of a ship in the area.
Anyways, you get the idea. If you have any more questions, feel free to email me. And remember, ALWAYS BE OPTIMISTIC.

jpeavytx

Thatch Cay is right next to St. Thomas. I have been to St. Thomas many times and know exactly where it is. A bunch of dive sites within 10-20 minutes of there. Don't think there is much of a reef around that particular island. It would cost a pretty penny to fly there from the mainland.