everyone hates damsels and good

1sickhb

i gto my blue tang in and i thought he would be ok. thats until my frackn damsels would not leave it alone. i have tried everything to get the damsels out fish traps everything you can think of (the smartest damsels i have ever seen). he just keeps on go after my blue tang and now my tang has ick because it is stressed out. so to make me feel batter has anyone had problems with this stupid fish.I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
:mad:

engineer

OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!THEY SUCK!!!!! I started my tank with a few damsels, UNTIL it was cycled, then I tried to add more fish. Would just chase and beat the daylights out of everything I put in, no matter the size. I COULD not catch the lil B@$!#rds. I finally just tore all the rock work out and after 2 solid hours of chasing the buggers around the tank finally caught the last off them. Believe me the same day they came out my tank just seemed to be a whole different tank. I see more of the fish more often. I HATE THEM darn DAMNsels!!!!!

salix

I tried to

[hr]
mine, and i also tried to catch him with a hook, i just ended up deforming him. in the end he was screwing with my grouper to much so i took every rock out and caught the f&^%ker. he was a domino about 5.5 inches. now he lives in a large predator tank at a local bar. almost impossible to kill, and he didn't need to be acclimatized. i will never have a domino again thats for sure. good luck

1sickhb

in my aggressive i had two to cycle it and i thought hey when i get my lion,trigger,grouper they will eat them right up. not the case at all. my tank had a nitrate spike and killed off all my fish but those dumb damsels they lived. I HATE THEM SO MUCH.

jhov2324

I actually like my Dominoe, but I despise the others. They know when I'm trying to catch them. I bought an eel so I'm not going to feed him and hopefully he'll handle my pest problem.

lion_crazz

Wow, such anger toward the damsels. And to flush them down the toilet? That's awful. You can't get angry at an animal for its natural ways and personality. This is how it fends for itself in the ocean. I myself kinda like damsels.

alyssia

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Wow, such anger toward the damsels. And to flush them down the toilet? That's awful. You can't get angry at an animal for its natural ways and personality. This is how it fends for itself in the ocean. I myself kinda like damsels.

I agree with Lion. It is cruel to flush them or

[hr]
them. Do research next time before you get something and then you probably won't have to try to catch it and take it back out.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by alyssia
I agree with Lion. It is cruel to flush them or

[hr]
them. Do research next time before you get something and then you probably won't have to try to catch it and take it back out.
Exactly. If more people knew about the animals that they were buying before they went into their tank, there would not be any frustration and many less animals would lose their lives in the process.

jakebtc

and in the case you do feel the need to remove it why not take it to your lfs or a friend with a tank and let them get some enjoyment out of the animal?

salix

thanks for the input i guess i should have kept him even after he killed two of my fish and stressed out the rest of the tank. for a five dollar fish he cost me over $50. anyway that stupid damsel is in somebody elses tank . killing the fish wasn't my best option, but i would kill it to protect the other fish.
if another dog were to attack one of my dogs, when my dog did nothing i would do what ever i could to protect my dog, that would include using lethal force if i had to. i love dogs, but i would not stand by and watch my own die.
i have a larger tank now and it is completly peaceful.
oh and i going fishing tomorrow, and i'm going to use a hook, becuase my

[hr]
is in the shop.

alyssia

Originally Posted by salix
thanks for the input i guess i should have kept him even after he killed two of my fish and stressed out the rest of the tank. for a five dollar fish he cost me over $50. anyway that stupid damsel is in somebody elses tank . killing the fish wasn't my best option, but i would kill it to protect the other fish.
if another dog were to attack one of my dogs, when my dog did nothing i would do what ever i could to protect my dog, that would include using lethal force if i had to. i love dogs, but i would not stand by and watch my own die.
i have a larger tank now and it is completly peaceful.
oh and i going fishing tomorrow, and i'm going to use a hook, becuase my

[hr]
is in the shop.

I agree he should have been removed, but why not remove your rockwork (even if it is an inconvience) rather than deforming a fish?

salix

that is indeed what i learned.
i had to remove my rock and i had to be careful when buying fish.

lion_crazz

This analogy does not quite work because you are the one who put your fish into danger in the first place. It woud be like you put your dog into a room with an angry pitbull. I can see maybe if a pitbull came up to your dog in the park and attacked it. Then I can see justifying attacking the other dog to save your own. But in this case, a damsel was put into your tank by you. It was not the damsel who caused your other fish to die. In the end, it was your own ignorance of the damsel's natural behavior.

phixer

Lunare Wrasse = no more Damsels. Too bad your Grouper and Lion died but the Damsels lived? I have seriously re-thought my opinion of these fish. In the past I had two that bullied every other fish in their tank, can certainly understand your frustration. Until I introduced a Lunare Wrasse.

R

reef33

LFS sold me damsels (when I was new and didnt research better) I felt like kicking his

[hr]
after 2 hours of removing 70 pounds of live rock and 30 mins of chasing them with a net.

alyssia

Originally Posted by salix
that is indeed what i learned.
i had to remove my rock and i had to be careful when buying fish.