Everyone, mainly investors...you should read this.

fishyfrenzy

As you have seen on the news, feds keep cutting interest rates, and our dollar keeps losing value...fast. Another cut is supposed to be scheduled soon.
Can anyone, without looking, tell me the general price for an ounce of gold...silver?
For all of you investors, that haven't realized the financial potential for Precious metals...get googling.
Here is a great site that lists the price quotes of the most common precious metals, and charts that show past performance.
Also, you should google Gold and silver as an investment, and things to that extent.
99% of americans do not even know the spot price of gold or silver!
It really saddens me. You should google silver and gold's potential. They usually make signifigant gains each year. And remember, ONLY BUY METAL THAT YOU CAN STORE AT YOUR HOME!
In the inflation crisis in the late 70s and early 80's, some ETF's and things that are backed on silver and gold, instead of giving you gold or silver, they took it, while the people that had physical profited.
Any fellow PM collectors/investors on SWF.com?

tangman99

I've considered it a few times as well as trading currency on the exchange rate itself, but haven't tried it yet. I invest heavily in stocks and I am most comfortable in that arena. I've even looked at futures a few times.

cannonman

I have a lot of silver and a little bit 'o gold... nice to have tangible assets in addition to all the traditional investments.

fishyfrenzy

Originally Posted by TangMan99
I've considered it a few times as well as trading currency on the exchange rate itself, but haven't tried it yet. I invest heavily in stocks and I am most comfortable in that arena. I've even looked at futures a few times.
Well, 10 oz silver bars are awesome imo.
I have a bunch of them. You can get them on a famous site, where everyone bids on things. I buy one whenever I have some extra money to spend.

reefraff

Gold was a good move but it's had such a run I would be nervous about jumping in now. I did pretty well in black gold. Of course my brother recomended I buy stock in a company working the natural gas strike in western wyoming where he lives. The stock was like 1.50 a share at the time (2001) and I had never heard of it (Ultra Petroleum) so I blew it off. It closed today at over 67.00 a share. Ooooops!

fishyfrenzy

Originally Posted by reefraff
Gold was a good move but it's had such a run I would be nervous about jumping in now. I did pretty well in black gold. Of course my brother recomended I buy stock in a company working the natural gas strike in western wyoming where he lives. The stock was like 1.50 a share at the time (2001) and I had never heard of it (Ultra Petroleum) so I blew it off. It closed today at over 67.00 a share. Ooooops!
I bought some shares and sold em' ar around 6 dollars. I thought I did good...

fishyfrenzy

Originally Posted by TangMan99
I could have made millions on the stocks I didn't buy.

I hate the feeling when that happens.
Even though I did make good profits on some of my stocks. I just sold too early.

kevin j

I can tell you the pretty close to the spot of gold and silver without looking
gold 827 silver 15.30 those are my guess why becuase i own some and its a very good investment. They dont call it the safe haven asset for nothing.
Someone said there worried about gold going down..you can take this to the bank its not going to go down yet...when the general public jumps in then you know you are close to the top i talk to people all the time including the bankers none of them are buying yet for instance not to pick on anyone but the thread quickly went from gold to stock just shows the mentality of the general public is still stock...i myself own gold silver and stocks when my stocks go down gold goes up and the other way around. Gold also holds its buying power unlike our dollar. For example you can use this for anything but if you bought a car in the 40's and it took 15 ounces of gold those same 15 ounces of gold would still buy the same car but you would need many more dollars (the 15 ounces way just a number used for the example not sure of the exact number).
kevin

stdreb27

Originally Posted by reefraff
I wouldn't be too worried about gold tanking, As long as the dollar remains week, and we have all this instability I think it would be a good buy, once the dollar turns back around, it would be time to sell.