everyone post pics of your filtration

corbin1234

ok im gonna upgrade my filtration but i dont know what be great so i want to see others first before i spend money:)
please mention what are you using and what size of tank:)

yellowtail

carp,
did you drill the lines through the walls to get to the maitnence room?
corbin,
sorry i cant post a pic because im away from away from my house where the pics on the computer are at.

tsx

poor man's sump. I use the trashcan to control current and provide a holding place for a bag of carbon if needed. I use the pvc ball valve to control flow if necessary.

tsx

It's worked great for me I forgot how much i paid for it new but i think 110 is a good deal.:yes:

chandler04

May be going out on a limb, but I believe that tank is acrylic, and some acrylic companies make their tanks with blue backgrounds like that installed already. My freinds dad has one just like it, except it is a 60 gallon, but same blue. Again...

And just that little wet dry? No sump?

evilss

hey chandler04, how do you like your skimmer? i noticed it from your pic. i have one as well and for as cheap as it was it works wonders.

chandler04

Originally posted by evilss
hey chandler04, how do you like your skimmer? i noticed it from your pic. i have one as well and for as cheap as it was it works wonders.

Mone actually works well. Carp doesnt like his, but mine gets the job done. Although it dont turn to foam. It foams up nicely at the top, then turns to water in the cup, but there is a LOT of crap taken outta the water by that thing. I got is for like $35 shipped as well, so hell, i cant argue with it in any way. Well, actually, the pump is huge and takes up space, but, lol, I dont really need that space anyway, so there no prob. Wat i DONT like is the return from the skimmer. It is like raised, so the water pours out of it and i have to keep the water level in the sump at a certain level so I can sleep at night, and people dont get pissed.

evilss

i just cut my pipe so it didnt drop as far. then put hte top back on it. have had the noise problem any more.