EXO TERRA turtle terrarium used for a reef?

I don't know about that particular model, but in general terrariums are built with much thinner glass/acrylic than aquariums are. They are not designed to carry the weight of a completely full aquarium even if they are water tight.

nikesb

i know someone building a reef tank with this exact aquarium, its thicker than the glass they use in 10g so you should be fine

Originally Posted by jacq_rose61688
http:///forum/post/3286205
I don't know about that particular model, but in general terrariums are built with much thinner glass/acrylic than aquariums are. They are not designed to carry the weight of a completely full aquarium even if they are water tight.
Thats usually terrariums that open at the top where you can get to your amphibians, retiles, etc. But most of the time, if a terrarium was meant to hold water they would put thick enough glass to withstand the amount of water that would go in it. Regardless of how much is to go in.

ecbuddy123

i was thinking of when someone will be doing this, and i saw one for sale yesterday andd i thought it should be a cool sw tank

C

coralreefnewb

thats it ive seen enough guys!!!!!! holy s@*t i have to do this !!ima buy it u guys think its thik enough?

soviettaco

I don't want to be mean but it is recommended that you use the spell check function the site provides. Sometimes we're not sure if people are joking and in other cases we can't understand what the person just typed. Just a suggestion and I'd say go for it if you have researched the tank and other possible options.

C

coralreefnewb

means im really impressed by henrys post........? tho ne idea were id stick my aquaclear?

soviettaco

I understood what you meant I'm just saying (and excuse the grammar nazi/history teacher in me
) it's always a good thing to write in proper English and not short hand or lol speak if you want to be taken seriously and be understood. As for the aquaclear I don't see why it couldn't work right on the back, though I'm sure others know of better filters you could possibly use as well.