Exotic Pets

crabsrkewl

Well I'm bored so could you people post some of your cool exotic pets (I'll post to if you guys tell me how to) let's see who has the coolest pets :joy:

blizz75

to post a picture just go down to manage attachments, then browse for a picture from your computer ( first resize it using paint. to do this left click and push open with paint. when it comes up, go to Image, then down to skew/ size. change to fit requirments and then save.) and push open. then when its on the upload page push upload. then submit post! this may be confusing but read carefully and take it step by step

alyssia

Originally Posted by MolaMola
Here our two of our pets, Maya and Chance. Maya is the scarlet macaw, and chance is the blue and gold.

Very nice macaws! I would love to have one but they are so loud in the store.

molamola

Maya is usually pretty quiet. She just chatters and plays with her toys. Chance can get rather loud, and is still settling in and adjusting to our schedule. We've had him for two months and his vocabulary is quite extensive. He knows a few bad words, and can reenact an argument between a man and a woman rather convincingly :scared: Our neighbors probably think we're a dysfunctional couple

alyssia

Originally Posted by MolaMola
Maya is usually pretty quiet. She just chatters and plays with her toys. Chance can get rather loud, and is still settling in and adjusting to our schedule. We've had him for two months and his vocabulary is quite extensive. He knows a few bad words, and can reenact an argument between a man and a woman rather convincingly :scared: Our neighbors probably think we're a dysfunctional couple

That is SO funny!

whitey

Thank you very much.
She aint the friendliest little girl, but once I have her out of the cage she's fine.

blueberryboomer

MolaMola your parrots are BEAUTIFUL!
I just got an Amazon last week, I would like to get her a friend some where down the road. Did your first one have a hard time adjusting to the new one?
This is Winnie:

sharkboy13

hey whitey how much for the chondro. ive been looking for one for months now. ive got 5 snakes, a red tail boa, brazilian rainbow boa, solomon island boa, kingsnake and ball python

whitey

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
hey whitey how much for the chondro. ive been looking for one for months now. ive got 5 snakes, a red tail boa, brazilian rainbow boa, solomon island boa, kingsnake and ball python

How much for what? How much did I pay? Or how much to sell her?
I bred Brazillian Rainbows for many years, and traded some of my babies for this Chondro, so I guess you could say I paid nothing for her.
I'm not quite ready to sell her, but if I were, it wouldn't be cheap.

whitey

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
how much do u think, like $600?

You can buy CB baby Chondros for $350-$450
Adults and Semi adults sell for more.

evanwv19

Heres a couple of mine
2 of 4 of my Crested Geckos
1 of 2 of my Bearded Dragons (this is the little one)
and my Uromastyx

molamola

Originally Posted by BLUEBERRYBOOMER
MolaMola your parrots are BEAUTIFUL!
I just got an Amazon last week, I would like to get her a friend some where down the road. Did your first one have a hard time adjusting to the new one?
This is Winnie:

Winnie is beautiful

Maya and Chance are still learning to be civil with one another. It's been tricky, as they're both adopted and come from completely different upbringings. Maya is reserved and Chance is spastic. So it's taking some time. They're content to chatter back and forth from their respective cages, but as soon as Chance attempts to perch atop Maya's cage, she goes berserk. There's a 6 year age gap as well, so that may account for some of it. It's just going to take some time and adjustment for all of us.
There's a really good forum for parrot owners that I posted on here not too long ago, and one of their experts had this advice for introducing new birds,
"As for socializing them, it always depends on the bird. Some birds love the companionship that a new bird brings. For others it's an invasion of space. You really just never know until you bring them home and the feathers start to fly - or not!)
I got mine socialized by giving them each individual time, combined with evening walks together, and "out on the playstand together time." The birds kind of stake out their own territories and enforce them. They really do seem to respect each other's boundaries.
My birds come with me to the rescue, and are used to interacting with other birds, and with seeing me interacting with other birds. That cuts down on the "mate aggression" nipping..."
I hope this helps
Amazons are a lot of fun, and Winnie looks pretty happy :joy:

blueberryboomer

MolaMola, Thanks, she is amazing, I love her to pieces.
I will have to look for the bird forum and start following it.
We bought Winnie a week ago last Tuesday from a couple that really loved her dearly,(they got rid of her because of health problems) but I think they we're afraid of her, when ever they handled her it was with a heavy pair of gloves and a towel. I have not had a problem with her, she climbs on my hand whenever its offered, she does like to nibble a bit, not hard, I think she does it to get her footing. I'm the only one in the house that can handle her so far, but I think she and the rest of the family are finally getting used to one another.
I really wanted a Mccaw, but any we looked at here we're in pet stores and they seemed very aggrisive, I think due to the fact that people are poking at them all the time.
I'm more than happy that we found Winnie, I think she was fate for us.
Best of lucky with your beauties....and I will look for that forum.
Lisa