experience or pics of anglers. doing research

solow11

i have a 125 reef and am getting a 100 aggressive. i love the anglers in the lfs. does any one have stories or pictures would like to share to further my research. thanks in advance

ithorian_r

no experience but just wanted to say that ive wanted one for a long time. i love the yellow or red/pink anglers!

fishieness

make sure you have no other fish even CLOSE it it's size ;-). and seeing how you have a 125, im assuimg that this wont be your only fish.

cartman101

I had a angler....very interesting too. Though they are quiet boring untill they there little "fishing lure" springs to life, you will see what i mean if you get one
. Just make sure there are no fish in that tank smaller then the angler or about the same size to the angler because IT WILL EAT IT. They do produce a lot of waste so have a good skimmer, they are save with corals. Incase you cant get it to eat frozen NEVER feed it freshwater guppies. Any more questions?

solow11

so when there small they should eat frozen? whats there growth rate? i want an eel, groupers, mabye a puffer, trigger, a parrot or sweetlips or scorpion. will an angler eat inverts. can they go in a reef when real small like under 1" thanks

cartman101

Originally Posted by solow11
so when there small they should eat frozen? whats there growth rate? i want an eel, groupers, mabye a puffer, trigger, a parrot or sweetlips or scorpion. will an angler eat inverts. can they go in a reef when real small like under 1" thanks
Anglers should be feed frozen foods all there life (squid, silversides,ect). I'm not really sure on there growth rate since i had my angler for about 4 months (i had to give him away along with my eels since i was moving
) but i hear that they are very slow growers. As for tankmates, eels are perfect, what kind of eel you looking at? Groupers i'm not sure, what kind of grouper and angler you looking at? If you are looking at the Comerson Angler (gets to be about 12'') then a small grouper can do, i know groupers get big and DO eat there tankmates. Puffer and Trigger you should skip on, they dont do that good in reef tanks either. Anglers will not bother hermit and snails but will eat you shrimps. They can defintily go into a reef when small just as long as the fish you have wont eat the angler or the angler eating the tankmates, i would suggest not getting a angler that smaller. Another thing is that anglers may not take the food right off the bat, you may have too place the food by its face for a little bit untill it takes the food, and if you have agressive fish the agressive could come and grab the anglers food.
So have fun with your new fish if you decide to get it :happyfish
Any more questions?

swfishonly

i have an agler in my 75 gallon with a niger trigger,wolf eel and a sfe they all get along just make sure the angler cant eat the other fish i had mine for about 6 months now i feed him sometimes live brine shrimp, feeder goldfish thats basically it..... Here is a pic of him

cartman101

WOW, hes really hard to find huh!? I reccomend you start getting him on some frozen foods now like silversides and shrimp. Dont want that trophy to die because of the fatty acids
Nice find man

cartman101

This is a common problem with angler fish. The best bet to do is to get a empty 10gal tank (assuming your anglers just a small lil guy) but a filter on it and ween him on frozens. If i were you i would give it another shot, but the frozen food on a feeder stick and wiggle the food (try to make the dead food look like its alive!) maybe dont feed the angler for a couple days and then feed it frozens.
If it dont work please contact me
onecoolfishboy@yahoo.com
I'm going to work as hard as possible to make your fish get the proper nutrition.

celacanthr

Hear is my 2 cents...
Make sure that whatever you put in their is 3x or more than the anglers adult size, and also be sure that the other critters can't eat the angler.