Experience with "Jebo"?

soupysteve

Found these JEBO 48" 220W(55wx4) Power Compact lighting on ---- - anyone know if they are good or not?
Sleek Aluminum Housing (Available in BLACK or SILVER.)
(2) 10000K & (2) Actinic blue straight pins PC BULBS FREE!!!
Internal electronic Ballast
Highly Polished reflector
Heat Retaining Bands
Full clear arylic lens cover
(2) separate ON/OFF switches.
BUY IT NOW ONLY $69.99ea plus S&H.
I'm new to all this Saltwater stuff - would this be good for a reef tank?

bradttu

It sounds like it would be good, but I am no expert on lighting. The only thing that I see that it DOESN'T have are fans to move that heat out.
I saw them on ---- too. I was hoping someone on here would ask about them. Let me know if you buy them!

jackal4eva

I bought these...
Heres the deal:
They're good, and work as promised. However, on the bad side - there are about 4-5 loose mini screws inside. I have knocked about 3 out of it and still can hear a couple moving around when i tilt the light. They do not appear to be affecting performance and they do not cause any electric malfunction (screws shouldnt).
The light is not of high end manufacturing - as long as you dont move it everyday it will be fine. Good for a beginner like me to experiment with some decent quality lighting.
As far as not having fans - this has not caused any increase in my tank. It's still ranging its usual 4-5 degrees per day. I have them 1/3 inch above my glass cover.
That said, if you have more questions send them my way... The seller did offer a refund for the damaged lights - but i didnt want to deal with it since they work.

keaka

Hey Jackal,
Can you give me more update on your lights? I'm looking to purchase these since I cannot afford to spend more money right now. Do you have corals? How are they doing? Are the bulbs as advertised? I read somewhere that they are acually not as bright as they say. I would appreciate more info.
This sounds like such a great deal that it's almost too good to be true.
Thanks

shine~on

I just got these in the mail the other day. They were packaged very securely so no bulbs will be damaged. I am still setting up my tank so no corals yet. But, it seems like a good deal.
I would just be a little careful handling them thats all.
I don't have any loose screws that I have noticed just yet.

keaka

Great, please keep us posted and let us know how it works out for you. You just can't beat that price.