experience with this ph setup?

townsdp

I am draining my 75g to drill in a corner overflow I will make of tinted 1/4" acrylic. I moved my 3 fish and corals into a 30g in the bedroom and my 160 lbs or lr are in a tub in the kitchen. I acquired a free 55g so I had glass cut for baffles in a sump/fuge. Anyway, after it's drilled and I build my new stand for the 55 underneath and new easier to access hood for my vho's, I will set it back up. I will have a mag5 and mag2 flowing through two 3/4" hoses 4.5 ft back into u-tube returns. I am ordering a sureflow 1600 kit for my maxi900 and I want to add a koralia #2. That should be enough flow I imagine but I wanted some opinions. Also I have about 60lbs of sand and I want to wash it out, strain out big particles and add about 40 more lbs. But would it be better to replace all sand? I know I will keep enough to put about 3-4" in my fuge but wasn't sure otherwise.

townsdp

And before anyone says the corals look kinda bad, that picture is about ten minutes after the lights turned on. My frogspawn is now 4 times that size 2 hrs later.

townsdp

Thanks. I like it. I kept going back and trimming excess silicone on the baffles. I'm excited about getting it running again. I already got all the sand, ran it through a caulinder(sp?) to get big particles out and rinsed it for an hour. It is so fine and smooth. Im about to scrape the inside of the 75g and mark for the bulkhead hole. As to the Koralia, I looked at its size online and that is huge. I will pass and just get another sureflow 1600 for my other maxi900. 2 maxi900 modified and the returns will be fine and if not I will just put either my maxi400, 600, or other 900 in there.

sagxman

Aren't you afraid that when you add water your bed will sink in? I mean, it's not the best idea to use a mattress as a tank stand. And besides, where will you sleep?
J/K btw. I couldn't resist.

rotarymagic

Always have matching powerheads... you get definite points in the aesthetics department.. no one wants to see abunch of mismatching..
Just my $0.02 of uncoated input.
You'll thank me later.

townsdp

Well I my wife hates how much time I spend feeding, cleaning, building new stuff, I just figured I'd sleep with it too. That should drive it home. And if there's an emergency, I'm right next to it. :) Second, I have a stack of maxi's I have tried to spread throughout my fresh and sw tanks but still have more. Too bad I can't modify any of the 7-8 HOB filters I have without my tank looking ghetto as hell. So reusing any maxi's sounds great to me.