Extreme House Makeover with Tanks!!

tankcrazy

Anyone see the show this week. They put a huge aquarium in the sons room! We all know how long it takes to cycle a tank, and they film the show in 7 days... HMMMMM! How long do you think those corals and fish will live. Bet Ty was not testing parameters!!
How about the bathroom sink freshwater tank though! That was awesome!! Wonder how it all works, did see some flow in it. Would love to have one of those!!

tankcrazy

I would not think much in that salt tank is going to stay alive! Hope they bought the boy all the supplies to keep his tank going, we all know how much those can add up $$$! Expensive hobby to start in a family in needs house.
Still think the sink was the coolest!!!

stachy

I saw a behind the seen program on an Extreme makeover where they put a salt tank the living room, and they somecompany set up the tank ahead of time, then moved it to the house and set it up again. sort of like if you moved and had to take your tank with you.
I'm sure it was a pretty penny for this service.

tankcrazy

I just hope for the sake of all the fish and the corals they did it for this tank too and brought someone in to have the tank set up!!
I searched there website to find out how much the tank sink costs and could not find it on the shows website at all. How fun would that be!! If anyone finds it online let me know, I would love that in my bathroom!!!

dory36

I did a Google search for "fish tank sink" and found one for only $4495! I'll be ordering one today!

masterzeus

Originally Posted by Stachy
I saw a behind the seen program on an Extreme makeover where they put a salt tank the living room, and they somecompany set up the tank ahead of time, then moved it to the house and set it up again. sort of like if you moved and had to take your tank with you.
I am glad to hear that. I was freaking out when I saw the tank and all the poor fish that I thought would be dead in a week. Still, its a bit overcrowded.
Here is a not-so-good photo of the tank:
http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremeho....html?photo=37
BTW, I hope they taught those people how to maintain it and gave them a good bit of money towards maintanence.

letsfly75

I was thinking the same things as you guys so I looked it up after the show. The guy who installed the tank, ~600 gallons, also included his maintenance services. It didn't say for how long but it was like twice a month. They said there were over 150 fish in the tank.

bluelagoon

wow.... but couldn't he have done a nicer job w/ the rockwork? i mean, i don't like the way they're set up, it's kinda ugly... i would definitely get in there and move some stuff around...