Eye candy from the 175BF

bicolor225

Thanks very much Jamnman. Remember don't be shy in the future with your eye candy for us. I wish luck you in the future for your magnificent tank. Keep on keepin' on.
-Bicolor

jamnman

Originally posted by RUBBERDUCK
how old is it?

Tank was setup 2-06-05
Most of the live rock was from my 120g established setup.
I must add that most of this live rock was purchased from a friend that had his tank set up for 10 years.

jamnman

Originally posted by sweetreef
one awsome system!!!!hope to get my 165 like that someday very nice my friend.....

Thank you very much.
I must say the pics you post are awesome.

jamnman

Originally posted by Bicolor225
Thanks very much Jamnman. Remember don't be shy in the future with your eye candy for us. I wish luck you in the future for your magnificent tank. Keep on keepin' on.
-Bicolor

Thank you very much.
I will try to post more pics more often.

mikegray

i love the way u made that lil stand for ur live rock to stack it like that except a tiny bit is showing but who cares... do u have pics of that before u put rock over it or something. or can u draw it and post it so i can get an idea how to do that? i dont wanna buy 300 lbs for my 125 reef. i want mine to look full like urs but i only wanna do about 200lbs i think heh or less if i can get away with it heh

bailey52

Yes i would also love to see the rack you made.. Also has anyone every made a rack out of PVC pipe... Im thinking about making mine out of that, and put eggcrate for a shelf... BUT also thinking about hooking that pipe up to my power head, or even my spray bar.. so then the pipes that i use for the LR rack would have little holes in it, and have small anounts of water, all throughout the inside of the LR setup.. any ideas?:happyfish

bailey52

jamnman.. it is a great idea.. but do you have any thoughts about drilling small holes in them and pumping water into the and us it like a spray bar.. keep some current in the LR

jamnman

Originally posted by Bailey52
jamnman.. it is a great idea.. but do you have any thoughts about drilling small holes in them and pumping water into the and us it like a spray bar.. keep some current in the LR

I did think about that but I had already made a spray bar that runs across the entire length of the back wall.
The racks are suspended about an inch and a half off the bottom which allows water to blow under them and keep detrius from being trapped in them.

bailey52

Ok, well ihave not built a rack yet, just got the 90 gal going, no fish no LR yet, but 120 lbs LS... I already have a spray bar along the water surface, then down the back side at a 90 angle.. was thinking if i build a rack to connect them together.. Also do you have pics of your rack with nothing on it

mikegray

so no1 has a scetch or a picture of how to do a rock rack. it wont be like other people have it for to get it off the sand i want it to stack the rock.. just like jamnmans tank he still has his rock on the sand

jamnman

Originally posted by MikeGray
so no1 has a scetch or a picture of how to do a rock rack. it wont be like other people have it for to get it off the sand i want it to stack the rock.. just like jamnmans tank he still has his rock on the sand

There is no sand in my tanks.
The racks are sitting on the glass bottom.
If you are going to run a DSB you could add extensions on the bottom of the racks to get them off of the sand.