F/S Nova Extreme 48" T5 8-Bulb Light w/ legs and bulb cover - Brand New

F/S is my 48" Nova Extreme T5 HO 8-Bulb lighting system. I bought this system on a whim but now have found that I have no use for it. It has literally only been used for four hours so it is in next to new condition as you could guess. It comes with all 8 bulbs, optional acrylic bulb cover, and optional mounting legs. The only flaw in the system is that I got excited when I got it and put a crack in the acrylic cover while attempting to pull the bubble wrap out from between the bulbs and the cover. It is on the far right side, has been super glued, and has no effect whatsoever on the functionality of the light, or how the light shines down over the water. The light fixture itself though is in awesome condition. I looked the system up with bulbs, legs, and the cover, and it retails on average for about $500. I am willing to let it go though for $350. I live in PA, live near MD, but travel in WV and VA on the weekends, so I am fairly flexible with meeting people around those areas if it is within reasonable means. I will ship on your dollar.

Yeah but the deal included about 30lbs. of my live rock plus the $275.00 in cash, therefore making the total for the light over $350 if you consider that live rock is worth about $3lb. Even if I would have only paid a total of $200 for the light, what would be the problem in selling it for a little profit? Considering what the light is worth, the buyer would still be getting a great deal. Your post was rude and unnecessary, and I would appreciate it if you didn't post on or jack my thread again. Thanks....
Originally Posted by dmjordan
http:///forum/post/2739116
isn't this the same used light you recently bought for $275.00?
To all those who are interested and asked for pictures, I am going to upload them very shortly. Sorry for the wait.

michael1972

Can individual reflectors be added to this fixture? How much room is behind the bulb and single reflector for all 8 bulbs?
was your 48" Tek 4 bulb T5 fixture better or was this 2 much light for your tank?
also i didnt see the cracked lense can you add a pic of it?
thank you.

Michael1972 - I'm honestly not sure of the individual reflectors, though I have heard of people manufacturing their own individual reflectors for this kind of system. The light is all boxed up now and ready to go, but when I had it out of the box to try it on my tank the lights were somewhat tight against the reflectors, but not unworkable for individual reflectors. Several factors weighed against my decision - The first being that I have a super tight canopy and the Tek fit better under it. The second being that the Tek would be slightly more energy effecient. I would have kept the light if my canopy could have been worked, but it is plastic and there was no way possible to make it happen. Also the crack is on the fourth picture, just above the bubble wrap. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help.
Originally Posted by MICHAEL1972
http:///forum/post/2739497
Can individual reflectors be added to this fixture? How much room is behind the bulb and single reflector for all 8 bulbs?
was your 48" Tek 4 bulb T5 fixture better or was this 2 much light for your tank?

greenreefer

Originally Posted by AquariumRookie
http:///forum/post/2739463
Yeah but the deal included about 30lbs. of my live rock plus the $275.00 in cash, therefore making the total for the light over $350
if you consider that live rock is worth about $3lb. Even if I would have only paid a total of $200 for the light, what would be the problem in selling it for a little profit? Considering what the light is worth, the buyer would still be getting a great deal. Your post was rude and unnecessary, and I would appreciate it if you didn't post on or jack my thread again. Thanks....
To all those who are interested and asked for pictures, I am going to upload them very shortly. Sorry for the wait.
I don't think the price is the issue here, but if you bought is used and are advertising it as new then that seems to be an issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I listed in the description that it has four hours of use on it-four hours being a stretch if you ask me. I was merely trying to pass a great deal along as I am solid with my own light, but I'm just going to put it on the bay or craigslist. The light is no longer for sale on here...
Mods please close the thread. Thanks...
Originally Posted by GreenReefer
http:///forum/post/2740019
I don't think the price is the issue here, but if you bought is used and are advertising it as new then that seems to be an issue.

dmjordan

Originally Posted by AquariumRookie
http:///forum/post/2739463
Yeah but the deal included about 30lbs. of my live rock plus the $275.00 in cash, therefore making the total for the light over $350
if you consider that live rock is worth about $3lb. Even if I would have only paid a total of $200 for the light, what would be the problem in selling it for a little profit? Considering what the light is worth, the buyer would still be getting a great deal. Your post was rude and unnecessary, and I would appreciate it if you didn't post on or jack my thread again. Thanks....
i ask questions because i am looking for a light for my 55 gal tank. when someone is selling something i also look at previous posts by this person to see if they are legit or not. if you don't like people to ask questions about what you are selling than don't post things for sale. your reaction to my question told me you were leaving something out and you were looking for a quick questionless sale to the first person with $$$$ and noi ???.

4hours of use is far from being "used" IMO. Used would be more along the lines of 2weeks to a month. When we goto a LFS we'll buy some discounted items that are on sale because they were returns. These are sold cheaper but as fairly brand new because they are "In the box" which is different from an unopened product.
just my $0.02. Good luck on CL rookie, if I had the cash right now I would have taken it for my 75gal.

nycbob

this light sells for $365 brand new at many online retailers. it doesnt hv individual reflectors. the price needs to come down considerably if u want to get rid of it. not to sound rude, but u listed everything like legs and cover as optional, when they all should hv came with the fixture.

Originally Posted by Tomato Clown
http:///forum/post/2742677
4hours of use is far from being "used" IMO. Used would be more along the lines of 2weeks to a month. When we goto a LFS we'll buy some discounted items that are on sale because they were returns. These are sold cheaper but as fairly brand new because they are "In the box" which is different from an unopened product.
just my $0.02. Good luck on CL rookie, if I had the cash right now I would have taken it for my 75gal.
Thanks Tomato Clown, I appreciate your post. I agree with you, but as you have seen, others don't follow our views on the condition.
Dmjordan.... I wasn't looking for a questionless sale but it appeared to me that you were calling me out on the price as I have it listed for $350 and you posted on here that I bought it for $275, which wasn't the case. IMO, that would have been an appropriate question for a private message rather than a post. I have nothing to hide, have added pics, and have answered all PMs to my best knowledge about the light. I wouldn't even know what could be "hid" or "covered up" when selling a light - this isn't a used car lot. I explicitly said that it was used for a max of four hours in the description, therefore I wasn't trying to leave anything out. Bottomline is that I was trying to pass the same deal on that I was fortunate enough to run across, but it became too big of a deal, so now I'm selling elsewhere.