Fairy Wrasse Compatibility .

happygirl

I have a Whipfin Wrasse in my 55 Gallon Reef. Standard size tan, 4x12x20. Could another Fairy Wrasse go in safely? Or is it inciting a riot? Thanks.

detguy313

i would not advise it in a tank of your size..whipfins are on of the most aggressive fairys and i have kept them and seen it first hand and once they are established they become even more aggrssive to other fairys and flashers and will go after other small fish as well...it is a shame because they are very pretty fairys and thier beauty are underated imo..they have great color change when displaying..i hope this helps..if you have any othe q's just drop me a line

triga22

To me it depends on the specimen. I know someone who has 15 wrasses in a custon 80. Somehow they all get along. You could try it and if it doesnt work then take him back or sell him. I also believe that a 55 is plent of space for 2 wrasses.

detguy313

Originally Posted by TriGa22
http:///forum/post/2797778
To me it depends on the specimen. I know someone who has 15 wrasses in a custon 80. Somehow they all get along. You could try it and if it doesnt work then take him back or sell him. I also believe that a 55 is plent of space for 2 wrasses.
i am not saying for 100% that it can't be done but whipfins are very aggerssive and if you do plan it right you can keep alot of wrasses together..i have quite a few in both of my tanks.....a 55 is plenty of room for two wrasses depending on what else is in the tank....whipfin,scotts,finespotted,tonos,redfin,rosefescia, and yellowstreaked are the more aggerssive fairy wrasses but every fish is different and i have kept a scotts that was the biggest wus...the way i introduce a new one to the tank is after qt i use a specimen cup to let the fish get use to the new one..i mostly keep fairys an flashers so for them i look to see them flashe or display to the established fish..and look to see that they can handle themselves..sometimes it takes one day some times a week...it as not always worked but i have had success keeping fairys that look very much alike..sometimes i have started ww3...i usally try to keep the sizes different and color as well