fairy wrasse

sharc

the fairy wrasse i purchased 2 weeks ago justs hides out in caves but I, keep noticing a co
eb around the cave that he is in is this common with them that they spin a web like substance or should i be trying to get him back into the hospital tank. possible this somesort of desease?

sharc

I dony think that is it he stays in a differant cave each time and its that cave that has the spiderweb . when he leaves a few hrs later the web is gone from were he was if i need to find him i just look for the web material and he willl be trhere other wise the rest of the rock and caves are basically web free.

acekjd83

I just happened to be looking at the section for cleaner wrasses, and it had this little quote:
"They may often lie on their sides and can be appear to be dying, but are actually in fine health. They can also spin a cotton-like substance to protect themselves while they rest, which can make them appear dead"

I guess your fairy wrasse can do the same thing...:thinking:

sharc

thanks i have to just found the same info but something must have thought he was already dead because he no has become fish food for someone i think one of the emerald crabs got him he has no throat or belly left seems something got hungary. 3rd fish this week to be eaten by ????????? Tank inhabitants are, cleaner wrasse 1- blue hippo tang 1 - yellow tang 1 - hawkfish 1- algea blennie 1- pj cardinal 1- cycodelic manderian 1- electric flame scallop 1- 4 emerals crabs -3 monkey shrimp - 2 cleaner shrimp - 2 pepermint shtimp