False Perc Question

goldberg33

I have had a false perc now for about 7 or 8 months and lately have been thinking about gettin another one to make a pair. Is this possible with the fish being added so far apart? Is it a good idea or should I just forget it?

yes you can as long as there is a size differance,i had one for 5 years before i put another one in the tank and things are doing great and they have been together for 3 months now and both are alive and well

truperc

FWIW I have True Percs, but I would anticipate that the response would be the same.
I added additional True Perc after one was well established in the tank.
They jockeyed for position a little for the first couple weeks. Nothing damaging, just displaying.
Then they took on their repective roles...and lived happily ever after....ok well at least for four months with no signs of concern.

unleashed

add a smaller one to the tank .. false percs are one of the few schooling clowns...you can have as many as you want ..now swf.com states do not mix wild caught clowns with tank bread clowns this is most likely due to prevent illness .. be sure of what you have before adding new one

alvin

Yah, I had one for almost a year. I then decided to add another, which was much smaller. Everything is good, and they are now a pair.