False percs

stig

I just bought a pair of really cute false percs. I took a chance and got them from different tanks in the store, brought them home, acclimatised them and added them at exactly the same time....they've been almost inseperable since they were added.
Just curious. I've read about clowns spawning in captivity. What are the chances? I have other fish in there - dwarf angel, wrasse, very small puffer etc. I can't get an anemone. Is it even possible in my system?

S

sinner's girl

anything is possible
depending on the age, they will have to mature and figure out who will be the male and female (there will be some fighting and picking).
The other fish/inverts though would eat the eggs. they do best in a separte tank to bread i think.
"I can't get an anemone" don't worry you don't need one, the clowns will do just fine without one.
there are a few articals/post a while back on breading clowns. you may want to try searching for more info.

koiman6

Well if they feel safe and comfortable in your tank they will most likely breed, however you would have to take out the eggs if you wanted to save the fry because your clowns and your other fish would eat them.