False Percula Clown and Anemones

kazara

I have a 55gal tank with a False Percula Clown, Yellow Tang, Yellow Tail Damsel and C.C Starfish. I want to get at Anemone for my clown but dont know which one would be good for my size tank and with the fish I already have. Thanks :notsure:

bang guy

Fist thing I'd suggest is to research the care and lighting requirements for E. quadricolor Anemone (Bubble-tip). The Rose Bubble-tip is the easiest to care for in my very limited experience.
Don't get the anemone until you know you have what you need to care for it.
Also, ask Ophiura if CC Starfish eat Anemone. I know they are carnivores but I don't know if their diet includes Anemone.

kazara

I was thinking of the bubble tip anemone too. I have also been looking at upgrading my lighting before I get anymore live rock or purchase anemones. Thanks for your reply.

bang guy

I should probably add that Bubble-tip Anemone are not the natural host for Ocellaris Clownfish. There's no guarantee that the Clowns will take to it. I believe they do a majority of the time but not always.

E

emeralcrab

I've got 4 clowns, none are interested in hosting anything. They have their choice of, sebae's, frogspawn, hammer, bubbles, and a big rock of very hairy mushrooms. I've tried the picture thing. I guess some do and some don't good luck.