Fame Angel ?

guppie

For those of you that have a flame in your tank, I would like to know is they are more open water swimmers or do they spend most of thier day in the rock work, or is it both?
The reason that I am asking is I have a lot of open water in my tank and am looking of a fish with color for it. The tank is a 55 tall. thanks

nicetry

As dwarf angels go, they're pretty outgoing, although most centropyges appreciate rock work to take shelter in. You'll notice the fish being timid at first, but once settled you should see it out and about most of the time.

R

red79

We have a flame angel and it's in a 55. We only have about 25 lbs of live rock. bUT WE HAVE A SUNKEN SHIP THAT IS A PRETTY GOOD SIZE AND THAT'S WHERE MY FLAME LIKES TO BE AND EVERY NOW AND THEN HE'LL pop out to see what's going on.

fuax

I have 1 in my 150 and at first she seemed to just hide in the rocks, now she is about 50/50 in open water and in the rocks. Mine seems to have a purdy out going personality and does not seem to be bothered by any of her other tank mates.
But on a side note find out as to where your fish store gets there fish from as some flames from diff oceans seem to be a little hardier then others. I am drawing a blank as to what oceans they come from I beleive they come from the phillipines, hawaii and the red sea, (mite be indian ocean ) never had luck with ones from the phillipines.
All in all a great fish to have in either a reef or fish tank (really hard to photograph just ask my wife camera comes out she hides lol the fish that is )

guineawhop

they like it 50 50. they will become more outgoing as the months pass. in the wild they like the rockwork for fear of predators but when they realize they have no predators they will come out.