fastest growing coral???

rusting

Originally Posted by fish-man-t
what will spred the fastes? mushrooms?
I've got some green button polups, that are everywhere.

reefkprz

xenia, green starpolyp, yellow colonial polyp, glove polyp, all fast growers green striped mushrooms multiply quick too. lots of zooanthids multiply fast under proper lighing too.

n2theblue

Kenya branching tree coral grows like crazy in my tank. The colonies get bigger and they drop branches and start new colonies constantly.

sillynecco

I have a question. How come my green star coral dosent grow fast as everyone says it should. I have had mine for 7 months now and it hasnt grown at all. Any explanations?

michaeltx

sillynecco what type of lights are yours under the more lighting with proper spectrum and feedings will increase the growth of corals there might be an imbalance or something that is inhibiting them from spreading as fast as they would.
think of it this way in the wild when food supplyies lower and conditions arent right they slow their growth to so that the new animals dont die of starvation. once conditions are right they start spreading again.
Mike

darknes

I'd have to say encrusting gorgonians. They've covered every single rock in my tank, and take over everything, including Xenia and green star polyps.