Fathers Day

ruaround

just to hang out with my kiddos... a nice lunch up at the lake and perhaps a ski or 2... material things arent as important as the time you spend together...

myreef05

Besides the above, if you are looking for gift ideas; YOU CANNOT BEAT CASH! Perfect size, color, do not have to return it etc. and add a note that he should buy whatever makes him happy.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Masta Man
All you fathers out there what would you want for fathers day. I am thinking of things for my dad.

What's his current obsession?? Golf? Wine? sportcars? Anything? Find that, add to it. You can't go wrong.

nigerbang

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2...but you can always send it to me..I am a dad...

Like posted above...whatever he is in too..., Cant go wrong with cash, or just spending time....Hell take him out to dinner to a nice place...

m0nk

I'm having my son's b-day party on father's day this year (he was born on father's day in '04). All I want is to see him being happy.

windmill

If I were a father, or if I had a father I'd want something with some substance. Nothing tangible, unless it's something both could do - like a radio controlled vehicle. I'd pack a lunch and go for a long bike ride, or rent some kayaks and hit the lake.
Do something tegether, don't buy something that'll keep you apart.

coachklm

they have these gift certificates that are visa/ debit cards you can use them anywhere, that mixed with a well chosen card and a big hug will be golden. Ohh and go with him shopping.

sinner's g

I bought my dad tee-shirts. He has more than enough fishing stuff to last a lifetime, more cigars than he'll smoke in a lifetime, he doesn't need more booze.
If your dad fishes, renew his fishing linsce (sp), or give him a gc to walmart to renew (that's what I used to do).
A subcribtion to a mag?
If you're at home, do his chores for the day/week. Cut the grass for him, cook dinner, ect.
Take him to a movie or rent a movie and watch it together. My dad loves going to movies but my mom rarely wants to see the movies he does. I took my dad to see LOTR's one year, bought him dippin' dots and coffee.
My dad's the type who buys what he wants, so if it's something he wants/needs, then he has it. I stick with tee-shirts and doing stuff.