fav fish poll

fishgirl

Originally posted by clayton:
P.S. I thought your note about everybodies name was great (do you think they will let me be a Great White????)

What note about everybody's name? I forget, please inform me.

donut

Absolutely, positively, gotta be.........
BLENNIES!!!!!!
Though they usually aren't the most attractive fish, you can't beat 'em in the personality department!

clayton

Originally posted by Fishgirl:

Originally posted by clayton:
Hey Fishgirl this is Fishboy (the name given by my friends due to too many years gabbing about fish and diving I guess).

REALLY!!??!! The name "Fishgirl" was given to me in the 4th grade by a bunch of my friends who thought I was nerdy or something for likeing tropical fish. This was even before I started the marine hobby. I was majorly into the freshwaters at the time, but the year after (5th grade) I became obsessed with the marines. I am now a highschooler and want to be a marine biologist after I get out of collage. This July I'm going to do some diving in Hawaii! The ABSOLUTE BEST thing to do over the summer!! This is so cool -- I love to find out I'm not alone in the world with my obsession!

FISH NERDY!!!!!!!! NEVER!FISH ARE COOL!!
Good luck with the Marine biology, I studied Zoology and Marine biology. The lifestyle you can have is great but it will only just pay the bills!!
Diving in Hawaii would be great! I am off to the Red Sea this summer to look for my favourite fish the Addis Butterfly (it's even on your poll).

clayton

What note about everybody's name? I forget, please inform me.

The one about moving from a juevenile Emperor to a shark after spending days on this bulletin board.

fishgirl

[/B]
FISH NERDY!!!!!!!! NEVER!FISH ARE COOL!!
Good luck with the Marine biology, I studied Zoology and Marine biology. The lifestyle you can have is great but it will only just pay the bills!!
Diving in Hawaii would be great! I am off to the Red Sea this summer to look for my favourite fish the Addis Butterfly (it's even on your poll).[/B]
OF COURSE FISH AREN't NERDY!!!!!!! Only the people who say they are are the real nerds --and missing out on the best lifeforms on the planet!

tucker

Just for fun, I'd like to get a little poll going about everybody's two fav fish families
ME:
Tangs and Triggerfish

reptilicus

There are so many!
Firstly, I love my percula clowns! They are true perculas and are absolutely beautiful, so much character. I had a beautiful large emperor angel for many years before I started keeping reefs, he'd be right up there. Dragon wrasse are great. In fact, I love all wrasses, and also angels and tangs. I could never pick out one favourite!

otto13

cowfishes are intelligent, fun, friendly and cool looking fish. mine will hand feed and even play with my fingers. they warm up to you immediately and are EXTREMELY hardy.
their horns look really cool too. they are great with puffers.
otto
[This message has been edited by otto13 (edited 05-06-2000).]

My favorties would have to be my assorted puffer and Percula Clowns! I had a very beautiful clown that my ex-boyfriend had got me for christmas, but it recently died after a new sick fish containanted my water
( My puffer was the first addtion to my new tank!

seamore

hands down, aust. harlequin tusk
Just for fun, I'd like to get a little poll going about everybody's two fav fish families
ME:
Tangs and Triggerfish

reptilicus

tjswanson,
these fish are also some of my favourites. I am looking to put a purple and a powder blue tang in my reef (I already have a flame angel). Have you had any toruble with your poweder blue? How big is he?
Regards,
Tom

tjswanson

My powder blue is about 5-6 in. He is big but he is very not aggressive. when i bought the two the puple which is 2-3 in. bossed him around but anymore. The powder blue rules the tank. The flame doesn't like the purple that well yet, but i have only had my tangs for 3 days. No ick on the powder blue or purple either!