Favorite Fish

gamedawg

Well THAT'S an uncomon favorite, why do you like the cardinal so much? Is it his personality? His coloring? I've never really watched those fish, so I don't know what they're like.

sleeper

Ok, so very fitting...
I'm setting up a 65 gal. reef (with 7.5 gal fuge and 29 gal sump) and I know I'll have a pair of maroon clowns and 3 lyretail anthias... my questions to the last two posters are, based on your experience, would a fuzzy dwarf lion do OK in that tank or would it be a threat to the cleanup crew If he's no good, I was thinking a pair of banggai cardinals... but would the maroons harass them?
You guys own them, what are their temperments? At least as a rule; I know there are always exceptions.

diane4

My favorite fish that got me into this hobby on the Salt side is my Dog Face Puffer, Ipo. I adore that guy. What a button, I love that baby.

murph145

sleeper....
i have had mine now for about 10 months..... very doscile hasnt touched a thing and i have some smaller fish a clean up crew and lots of corals.... he just swims around perching on things and hes a great addition to my tank.... i wouldnt see a problem having one in your tank.... the only thing i would suggest is put in any inverts in first ie shrimps or crabs of such and then the lion ..... if u add inverts after the lion he might see them as food since hes use to the top being open for feeding time and they fit in his mouth

E

exile415

My favorite fish. He's so entertaining. In this shot he looks like a king or a judge. Behind is my Xenia Colony and in front is a few zoos.

kindbuds2k

The cardinal is just a cool little fish. He just swims and hovers around the tank all day and night. Eats like a mad man. Plus his face and colors are amazing. He's very peaceful with everything in my tank.