Favorite LFS in West central Ohio?

T

tschubert

Hey all, was wondering who your favorite LFS was in the Dayton-Lima-Columbus Ohio area.....any recommendations...and are there any Reef clubs or organizations pertaining to the addiction in this region???
Thanks in advance

sigmachris

Marine Solutions is really helpful and nice with 4 race tracks full of frags, they are in Waynesville. They can get a bit low on inventory sometimes. Call ahead as they are only open about 15 hours a week. It is actually a greenhouse behind Joe's house, but very nice inside.
Gerbers in Morain can have a nice selection at times too.

T

tschubert

Thanks Chris...
Is there a way I can get some more specifics on those 2 or ph# and directions...PM or something?

socal57che

Originally Posted by tschubert
Thanks Chris...
Is there a way I can get some more specifics on those 2 or ph# and directions...PM or something?
Gerbers sends out e-mail notices (at least they used to) with monthly specials and coupons. I used to have their number. I'll PM you when I find it.

socal57che

Originally Posted by tschubert
Thanks Chris...
Inbound PM

steve24

don`t waste your time looking in lima ... lol
try gerbers or some of the jacks stores, their all over in ohio ...

T

tschubert

Yeah, I know Lima has -0- when it comes to SW, I did get some info on Gerbers and will probably try them out today. I have a decent Jacks in Sidney Ohio, but they always seem to have the same, and with most of the chain stores quality and health of specimen sometimes shaky. I did find a little gem in Ft. Wayne called the Coral Reef Just a real small shop in an old strip mall about a block from the coliseum. He is really serious about the corals and has a really good frag tank.....just small scale but really good quality and pricing. Thanks for the info....what part of Ohio are you?
I'm about 50 miles N of Dayton right on I-75

T

tschubert

Thanks Steve,
Just got back from Gerbers with a much lighter wallet, and some pretty nice stuff, you are right, they do have a very good selection, are knowledgeable.
Talked with John, the owner for quite a while. Would highly recommend if you live close to the dayton Ohio area.

dan21

Originally Posted by steve24
i`m in lima
i`ve been to gerbers once they have nice stuff
i go to jacks in sidney often

Lucas at Jacks in Sidney seems to know his stuff. Hes really cool.

matt b

check out phishybusiness and reefsystems both with .com at the end.. they are great places but both in the columbus area

T

tschubert

Thanks Dan 21
I bought most of my lighting, skimmer and LR through Lucas or Evan @ Jacks in Sidney....only about 15 minutes from me. You are right, both these guys are pretty good, but sometimes hard to get the to focus on SW with all the dogs Cats and birds etc. going on.
BTW where are you @ I am interested in getting together with local people to talk and share.
Send me a PM if you are interested.
Also Matt thanks for the info...I have a brother that lives in New Albany, so I might have to go over and visit with him and explore.
Again thanks!!!!

evanish

Originally Posted by MaTT B
http:///forum/post/2445355
check out phishybusiness and reefsystems both with .com at the end.. they are great places but both in the columbus area

Agreed. I'm in Lima and I always go to columbus whenever I'm looking for new livestock or equipment.

skitzo

I go to the Jack's in Middletown, there is a woman there by the name of Lori and she really knows her stuff...they get low sometimes as well but get new stuff every week.