fcatch76 member question for u...

im keeping the stocks, and adding 2 50/50 so i will be left with one solid actinic that 1 will b my only rising and setting sun mode :)!
question so the tank isnt any much brighter? the lights r distributed better i would imagine no dark spots anywhere am i correct?

fcatch76

Originally Posted by fishstick4sale
http:///forum/post/2958206
im keeping the stocks, and adding 2 50/50 so i will be left with one solid actinic that 1 will b my only rising and setting sun mode :)!
question so the tank isnt any much brighter? the lights r distributed better i would imagine no dark spots anywhere am i correct?
the only dark spots are under rocks of course..
. Just remember with your lights you will only have two light switches so two lights on/off or 4 lights on/off.
The first page/ first post of my thread will show you the difference between stock lights (both on) and the next pic shows upgrade all 4 on.

ohhhhhhhhhhh :( crap i forgot, its ok i do a lil electrical wrk :) ill alter it..... i already altered my top, i added a switch for the fans to cut on and off as i please or just have them running normal when my daylight cuts on they also cut on.

fcatch76

no problem fish, let me know when you get it, and make sure you map out which two lights come on from each switch

i just purchased the 4.36 upgrade for the nanobiocube 29, it was shipped out today. i will post pics of the install and how it performs and how it affects the tank for anyone who is interested in upgrading but not going metal halide because of the price and heat. so ill keep u all posted.

welp i got my 4.36 lighting system for my biocube and i started working on it, ill post some more pics befor and after. i will tell you guys if the upgrade was worth the bucks. ill give some detail later on tomorrow. heres the progress so far..
new power supply for the the new lights is in, upgraded high speed fans is in also. tomorrow i will have everything done.. i will put some aluminum-foil over the sheet metal they supply ,kinda disappointed its not shiny its just sheet metal but ill have it sparkling.

fcatch76

Originally Posted by fcatch76
http:///forum/post/2957477
fish,
also, they may have changed the upgrade but use the reflector from the stock to help the lights reflect some light back.

I told you... but follow above advice and you will be ok

fcatch76

sorry fish I never took pics of that part as I went back later and installed. I had to drill holes (stock shield) to allow everything to attach to the heatshield.

TY! im doin that now i didnt think about it everything will fit perfect the 4 holes that hold my new shield in that held my old shield will b my guide line.

i did it catch looks like it came that way just lined up holes and marked them and drilled looks real nice. thanks catch for the idea

fcatch what light do u have in the back where the fans r? i have a 50/50 back there an its super bright in the back of my tank even the back chambers r lit