Feast your eyes on these sexy.....

madysmom

Shrimp!! Aren't they beautiful, I've been checking into them for quite some time now and had the lfs order a pair for me. They are less than an inch long but well worth the wait. let me know what you think and tell me if you have one and any experiances with them!!!

T

tizzo

Oh how cute!!!!! Be sure to post pics of them in the tank too!!!

madysmom

ok i will they are in there now and they are so tiny lol they just sit around in one spot then when the lights go out they are mia until the lights come back on. the other fish and shrimp and the crabs are very curious but havent messed with them yet, thank goodness, they werent cheap but they were worth the wait!! tizzo were you the one that i read had some unusual shrimps in your tank? if you do post a pic and tell me about them.

bsktmom

They are cute. I have 2 in my tank and I really like them. Nothing in my tank has bothered them and they are small also. Good Luck with them.:joy:

T

tizzo

Originally posted by madysmom
tizzo were you the one that i read had some unusual shrimps in your tank? if you do post a pic and tell me about them.

Other than your run of the mill cleaner, blood, and coral banded the only other shrimp I have are these... (LOL)

madysmom

tizzo i think i misread names on the last shrimp thread that i thought was you i think it was waterfaller....lol that is about what my plan tank was like until i added my prized sexys lol!
bskt are yours very much bigger than mine?? post a pic if you can so i can see.
max size that i was told is that they will grow as long as they are eating and there size most generally will stay under 1 to 2 inches. (please correct me if i was misinformed)

bsktmom

bskt are yours very much bigger than mine?? post a pic if you can so i can see.

Mine look to be about the size of yours. The biggest one might be an inch long now. One of them was so small, I almost couldn't see it in the bag when it came in. I'll see if I can take a picture and post it later.

madysmom

yes bskt please post. also do yours come out and "wander" or do they pretty much stay hid?? just wondering if after they are in there a bit if they will not be as shy as what they seem to be now.
mont i was afraid of that too. i seen one early this morning and since then the only one i know right where it is the smaller of the two and he is under my rock flower anemone. but im sure the bigger one will come out of hiding soon.

bsktmom

yes bskt please post. also do yours come out and "wander" or do they pretty much stay hid?? just wondering if after they are in there a bit if they will not be as shy as what they seem to be now.

:yes: Yes, mine are out all the time. Sometimes they will get on the back of a rock or underneath and I don't see them for a while. They also blend in with their surroundings at times making them hard to see. For the most part though they are out wagging their little tails.