feather duster behaving odd

silentshaw

i addedthis feather duster a couple days ago. i drip acclimated and all was fine untill tonight. it is now hanging out of its tube and apears to have a wound. it still reacts if a touchit.(it retracts into the tube) but soon after is back hanging out of the tube again.
is this behavior reason for concern?
have my fish attacked this featherduster?
and will it survive?
and what should i do?
thnk you guys again you are always great help. i'm posting pictures that may help.

bergamer

same thing happend to me, the guy jumped out of his tub, although mine attached himself and then grew back a new leather case

nitram

wow I have never seen one of them out of the tube before. It would scare me too. What kind of fish do you have in your tank, because it does look like it has a wound on its side.

silentshaw

this morning it looks alot worse. some critters are definatly eating it i have take it out of the tank before i get an amonia spike. i'm sure it is dead now.
in my tank i have
clarkii's i have 2, royal gamma 1.
2 pepermint shrimp.
1 skunk cleaaner
1 camel back shrimp.
1 brittle star
actually it is my larger female clarki clown. she just bit of a chunk and fed it to the carpet anemone. i had no idea that she would do that. has any one else seen that before?

promisetbg

The peppermints or camelback were probably the culprits.Or..it was already dieing..and they just took advantage of a meal.Sorry for your loss.

nitram

I have camel and peppermint shrimp with mine and they have never done anything to it. I dont know about this one.Once I had one lose its crown and i thought it was dead but i left it alone and then in a few days I begain seeing new little feathers growing out of his tube. Unfortanatly a couple of weeks later it died, dont really know why it might of went hungary. But yours just looks diff.

motohead

man my feather duster has been with me for over a year now.i thought it was dead a few times too,but whenver i get ready to remove it it pops back out again.like it knows i am coming for it.............

discusking

USUALLY feather dusters move when they are not happy where you put them. Remeber they are annelid worms that are capible of moving, and they often shed their crown due to stress or inadiquate food. Im sorry about you feather duster though, it doesnt look so good.

silentshaw

well it was my clarkii clown that wes actually biting chunks out of the worm. and the feeding the chuncs to the anemone that hosts it. i removed what was left of the worm and put it into my QT tank to see if it will survive. so far it stil appears to be alive. it has shed its tube and has mmoved to a different part of the tank. but i'm not to sure of it,s survival. it looks like the clown bit of atleast the first two inces of the worm.