Feather duster beheaded?

frenchman

This morning when I looked at my tank I saw the feather duster's head completely out of its body on the bottom of the tank. It looks like a "clear cut" :eek: What does it mean? Is my feather duster dead? Will the head grow again? Shall I remove the body out of the tank too? PLEASE HELP! :confused:

slash7

When stressed, feather dusters can drop their crown. The stress could have been any number of things, from water quality to being harassed by another animal to changes in water flow. Don't remove the tube from the tank, wait a few weeks to see if it grows back. IMHO you'll probably see some tiny new "feathers" sticking out of there in 3-4 weeks.

vermillion

Mine did the same thing about 3 weeks ago and now it has a new head just starting to come out. I actually saw him do it, he kept going up and down frantically over and over till finally the crown just came right off. It should grow back give it a few weeks.

got krabs

It's funny that this subject has been posted . I came home this evening to find my feather duster completely out of his tube. what could this mean? :eek: