Feather duster-dead or alive?

olga

Is my nitrates to high for inverts? Its always was 0, since cycle finished , and raised when I started to put Oodinex (ick and other diseases treatment). Can it be related, or some other reason for it?
In fact: if you put Oodinex in the tank, and measure parametres after 3-4 hours, nitrates very high- like 20, then its going down to 5-10, after 10 hours or so. But they never was zero since.
When I had severe micro algae/bio bloom, and water was cloudy, all my parametres was excellent then. Water cleared up now, but nitrates always there. Paradox! :notsure:

alyssia

Originally Posted by Olga
Good news! He puled his head back in the tube, then show it out again! He is alive after all! I am so happy. :jumping: I offered him tiny piece of shrimp on the stick, when head was out, but then he pulled it back.(so he is reacting!) While I was doing it, my blood shrimp crawled out of the rocks and snatched this shrimp, and back under the rocks again. (greedy git! lol)
Maybe feather duster was stressed or asleep before. Tube is standing more straight also!
:joy:

:cheer: :cheer:
I thought they were just filter feeders. Are you supposed to feed them tiny pieces of meat? :notsure:

jerth6932

Originally Posted by alyssia
I thought they were just filter feeders. Are you supposed to feed them tiny pieces of meat? :notsure:
Filter feeders as far as I know!?!?!?

olga

Originally Posted by alyssia
I know they are, Alyssia. I just was experimenting. ;-)