Feather duster getting knocked over. Where to put?

skrimpz

I just got this feather duster on sat. The guy at the LFS told me to wedge it in the live rock but i only have about 16 lds ( its a 30 gallon) i plan on getting some more hopefully this weekend. But where ever i put i it is knocked off a hour or so later and i saw my hermits climbing on it when it was on the ground :eek: so where am i supose to place it will it be safe on the ground ? Will my CC star try to eat it she has already eated about 3 snails. :mad: Thanx!

skrimpz

Here are some pics of the duster and a pic of the whole tank so maybe i could get soem suggestions on where to place it. I ever tried moving the branch rock around so the duster could be imbetween it

dogstar

Bury the tube down in the sand so the feather / head is near the rock you pick. About the best for the worm.

7.3stroker

I don't know how thick your sand bed is compared to mine but all I did was buried mine in the sand and left about two inches of the tube sticking straight up and down. Beleive it or not it seems really happy that away been there about 6 months now. O'ya and if you leave laying on its side in the sand like that your CC will be dinning on your fine feathered friend. I know this for first hand caught my CC in the act. luckly he got distracted by by the feather throughing its hood and was munching on it instead of the worm.. :eek: