Feather duster.....help!! :)

txbrittany

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
I agree, you definately should get a skimmer, especially if you have no live rock. How much live rock do you have? You simply MUST get more water flowing in your tank. For a reef tank you need about 18-25 times the volume of water flowing an hour. For a 72 gallon tank this is 1,296 - 1,800 gallons per hour! If you look at the boxes of the powerheads while shopping, they will give you the estimated gallons per hour (gph) that they pump.
I have about 20 pounds of live rock. What type of skimmer is good for a 72 gallon?

wbilton

I have an 80g and a prizm skimmer it makes noise but it dose the job i pay about $75.oo about 2 years ago.

joshradio

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
For a reef tank you need about 18-25 times the volume of water flowing an hour. For a 72 gallon tank this is 1,296 - 1,800 gallons per hour!
Or you could put a small firehose in it.... :hilarious
sorry.... not helping...

merredeth

Originally Posted by TXBrittany
It's a 72 gallon, no skimmer, and the only water flow right now is from my filter. I'm buying 2 Maxijet 900's tomorrow though. Do I need more?
Get a skimmer asap! Frankly, I'm surprised that you haven't had problems yet without a skimmer.
I purchased a skimmer shortly after learning about them and wouldn't even have a tank without one now.
Denise M.

txbrittany

I'm going to look around for a skimmer, thanks everyone!
And my feather duster is doing a lot better, he closed up the hole, and made his tube bigger! He's just weird I guess! :)

jerth6932

Did you ever figure out what was going on with you Feather Duster? Mine is exibiting the same thing right now, is yours ok, or what happened to him? Please let me know cause I want to know what to do with mine. All levels are great!